PDA

View Full Version : Banks exhaust

Pizza Man
10-11-2002, 16:54
WHos got a banks exhaust on there duramax?
Is the extra 1/2 inch worth the money?
What are the hp and torque increase?
Pictures would be nice as well.

mackin
10-11-2002, 17:50
Pizza Man

Me !!!!!!! I got some PICS !!!!!! HP TQ minimal if any thing at all.....Spool up quicker perhaps but I got da Super Juice so it chirps second any way.....Half inch bigger ?Isn't bigger always better???System is superb.....Just the mighty Exterior ROAR is worth it in my book.....

Find Diva she got sound clips........Hurry up cause NUTTIN is HOT on her heels.....Once he finds her we may lose her......He's gonna make her trade for a GMC !!!!!!!
Oh wait dam, you got one too.....Oh well.......Diva Sorry for the GMC attack......

MAC :D

[ 10-11-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

DMAXDiva
10-11-2002, 19:08
Pizza Man (er uh Furillo, right?)

As Mackin said, I've got sound clips and also pics of the system. First class all the way...sounds awesome, bolts up in a snap. Great system!

Mac: Yeah, I may have to trade for a GMC eventually...but not for awhile yet. I do think the '03 GMC's look a heckuva lot better than the Chevys, but I'll stick with my old '02 Bowtie for awhile. Oh, and by the way, she's stayin' with ME after all, no need to sell her as I once thought...lawyers CAN be worthwhile sometimes!

Diva's still truckin'!

ya hear that, Nut?

[ 10-11-2002: Message edited by: DMAXDiva ]</p>

Riverholic
10-12-2002, 00:27
I too have the banks system and I have to say that I love the deep rumble of it. I didn't want anything that sounded obnoxious. This system sounds great. It has a nice rumble at idle and a powerful sound at full throttle. Most people will not be able to tell you have an aftermarket exhaust, that is until you pass them at full speed. That's just my .02 :D

Corey S
10-14-2002, 15:34
I've had the Banks exhaust on mine for about 12k miles now, and I think it was well worth it. At first, I didn't notice much power increase, just some extra noise, but after 2 or 3 tankfuls, the ECU adapted and it's definitely stronger and more responsive across the entire rpm range. My butt dyno tells me it's worth about 30hp.

It's got a mild, deep tone at idle, sounds hefty but not overly loud at mild throttle, and then get pretty throaty at WOT. Sounds surprisingly good for a diesel, and still not as loud as all those dual exhaust 1/2 tons that you see everywhere.

Another nice performance feature was the high speed cruising, the engine now breathes so much better at high rpms, and I gained about 1mpg, empty or towing.

[ 10-15-2002: Message edited by: Corey S ]</p>

Pizza Man
10-15-2002, 10:00
Ok so it sounds good but what about hp and torque increase? Is the 1/2 inch worth the 600-700 bucks? Did you notice a fuel mileage increase?

Heartbeat Hauler
10-16-2002, 12:13
I didn't get the exhaust but I got the Hill Street Blues referrence. :D
JP