PDA

View Full Version : Found: fuel treatment bottles.

YZF1R
07-31-2002, 17:47
Well I finally found some. Will probably order through work. I just got the cat. today. It now looks as though we may have something for fuel treatment or whatever. United States Plastic Corp. Copy and paste: http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=Dispensers&product%5Fid=Accurately+Measures+And+Dispenses .

Steve

[ 07-31-2002: Message edited by: YZF1R ]</p>

letsgo
08-01-2002, 05:25
YZF1R;;; make sure the plastic will chemically hold diesel fuel additive, I used 2 plastic containers that held gasoline treatment ( thinking this plastic is tough stuff), within 3 weeks the base of both containers had gone soft and rubbery, no telling what changes took place to the diesel fuel additive, the stores in my area now carry diesel fuel dispenser with no name additive, that you can fill and reuse.

good luck

GMC 2002 DURAMAX SLT EXCAB SHORT BOX 2500HD 4X4 AUTO

29mdla
08-01-2002, 05:45
I have been using 2oz and 4oz beauty supply bottles for a year without any problems of getting soft. Got them at the big supermarkets and drug stores.

3-Fan
08-01-2002, 10:53
I bought (from Autozone) a 32oz. bottle of Stabil, washed it out good and am using that for my fuel treatment bottle. You squeeze it and the treatment flows into a selfcontained measuring device marked in 1/4 oz increments. Dump it right into the tank from the funnel like nozzle. Been using this for 6 months or so and the plastic is holding up fine.

YZF1R
08-01-2002, 14:20
Thanks for the comments. Yea, I'm wondering about the bottle holding up too. I'll get one and see how it works. I'm hoping it's the same bottle that Sta-Bil uses.

Steve