PDA

View Full Version : subwoofer box for ex-cab

David Proske
04-10-2003, 21:30
I would like to put a subwoofer box in my 03 extended cab. I am thinking about a box that fits under the rear seat like I have seen on the 88-99 trucks. I haven't seen any advertised for the newer trucks. Anybody here done a setup like this? I have 2 RF 10" DVC subs and a RF Power 750 amp that needs to be used! tongue.gif

chicoc48
04-10-2003, 22:07
David-
I had a '99 half-ton GMC before I bought my D-Max. I couldn't stand the stock stereo, so I went to my local car stereo shop for some help. They hooked me up with some sweet JL Audio Boxes. I'm assuming the back seat and floor of your HD are the same configuration as the half-ton, but I don't know for sure. Anyway- the boxes I ended up buying were the Vantage ones. When I bought them, they had just come out with the 99+ chev/GMC style. Apparently they are different than the older ones. They are about 3/8" thick molded plastic. I was going to go with their stealth box, but could only get 10"s in that, and they seemed pretty pricey. I wanted 12's for a reasonable price, and we just cut the openings out, dropped in some 12W3's and proceeded to pound some major bass. They fit awesome, and the best part is, nobody else knows they are even there... till you crank it to 11... Check them out. I'd recommend them for sure!

chico

armalite
04-11-2003, 14:31
JL Audio Stealth box!!!

armalite
04-11-2003, 14:36
JL Audio Stealth box!!!

wild bore
04-11-2003, 17:33
I have this one:

http://mtx.com/caraudio/products/enclosures/CXP20.cfm

I like it :D