PDA

View Full Version : SPA DG211 - Fuzzy Digits

Waypoint3D
06-13-2003, 17:11
Any SPA DG211 gauge users experience fuzzy digits on the readout when the gauge is first powered on?

When power is first applied, ie: key on, all the digit segments appear fuzzy, so a 0 looks like an 8, etc. Then after about 2-3 minutes the readout is fine.

Diesel Dragon
06-14-2003, 18:49
Hi Waypoint

My guage works fine.
It will go trough its self diagnostic when the key is first turned on, the numbers will get all screwy, but after engine starts it settles down just fine.
One thing I did notice is that the higher up the guage is mounted the worse it is to see.
It's best to have it mounted below your eyeline.
If guage is not reading right check all the connections at the sensors and also at the back of the guage.

Good Luck Bye Diesel Dragon :cool:

Waypoint3D
06-15-2003, 08:09
Diesel Dragon,

I mounted in the overhead console at a slight downward angle. So the side view angle is off, but still horizontal with eyelevel. I discovered it had to be perfectly horizontal to view since I wear polarized sunglasses. Any slight rotational angle and the gauge goes black.

It just seems strange that everything is OK after a few minutes. If you've ever left something with an older style LCD display in the cold for a while, when you first turn it on the segments all show a shadow then it clears up when warm. That's what it looks like, but 98+ degrees that shouldn't be an issue. :confused:

I have an angle ring on order to tilt the guage further downward so eyesight is as described in the gauge booklet. I'll recheck all the connections again too. I'll let you know what happens.. Thanks for the feedback..

BlackMax
06-15-2003, 10:37
Waypoint,
Where did you order the angle backet from?

Waypoint3D
06-15-2003, 18:05
Where did you order the angle backet from? http://www.summitracing.com part #ATM-2234

BlackMax
06-16-2003, 09:23
Thanks for the info!!!

chuntag95
06-18-2003, 13:04
I took a piece of sticky back sandpaper and put it on the overhead panel. I sanded the ring to fit the contour of the panel. Turned out nice, but I wish I had a slightly different rotation on the ring for better viewing. I have 2 more, but have been stuck in fuel filter land.

Waypoint3D
06-18-2003, 19:16
Fuzzy digit problem resolved http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/smileyb.gif

Seems the ground pin of the 12 way connector that plugs into the back of the gauge was making solid contact.