PDA

View Full Version : TTT Mirrors&Vent Visors

atvpilot
06-07-2003, 04:09
Hey Guys,
Finally had my TTT mirrors installed 2 weeks ago and I noticed that my vent visors don't fit that well with them. I had to take my Dremel tool and cut the vent visors back so they would reattache to the truck. They look ok for now But I would like to know if anybody had the same problem and what did they do. I was thinking maybe I could get a shorter set so it will look a little neater. Anybody have any solutions let me know.

BassinRVer
06-07-2003, 07:18
I had the same problem so I just took the vent visors off and remove the old tape, then put new tape off and replace the vent vizors. I did not cut these things I just moved them back and it worked fine and looks good.

Kennedy
06-07-2003, 07:46
Just installed a set to show off at the Rendezvous! I have the snap in Visors, and managed to get them back in, but they are kinda tight. So far, so good, but I think I'll shim the drivers side a bit as it is tighter.

atvpilot
06-09-2003, 17:32
Thanks guys,
Bassin RV, Wished I'd asked before I got crazy with my Dremel tool. You said you took yours off and just moved them back and they were fine? If that is the case, I might buy another set and reinstall them on the front windows. I looks kind crappy right now. When the shop I had do the install on the mirrors they scratched my doors. So I took it back today and they spent 3 hours and buffed all the scratches out and did a great job. Thansk again guys for all your help.