PDA

View Full Version : hella rallye 4000 HELP!

imported_
03-31-2003, 02:47
Great lights.... one question though... where do i hook up the wire so they only come on on high beams?.. do the headlights switch grounds ?
I am a little stumped here...........

Firemax
03-31-2003, 18:02
I had these lights on my old truck there great. If you are using the Hella wiring kit one of the wires is connected to the high beam positive power wire, this sends a signal back to either the relay or the switch when the high beams are activated. What are you mounting your lights too? I'm not sure how I want to mount mine I was hoping Warn would come out with their light bar for the HD's.

Good Luck
Firemax

imported_
03-31-2003, 20:15
i am mounting them on my brush gaurd....but i think these lights switch (-) not b+ for activation...anyone else know.... JK?

Firemax
03-31-2003, 22:00
I have a Hella wiring kit for the 4000's I will check the diagram tomarrow.

imported_
03-31-2003, 22:31
i bought that kit.... gotta love high quality gear! but i think i will use my nitrous lockout switch to turn them on with!

Firemax
04-01-2003, 13:06
Looking at the wiring diagram and kit you splice wire 56a the green wire from the Hella switch into your high beam wiring harness. Use a test light to find the wire in your high beam harness that becomes energized when the high beams are turned on. This sends power back to the switch so when you want to use the lights you turn the switch to the on position which in turns sends power to the relay. By wiring the lights this way when another vehicle approaches you can hit the high beam switch which in turn turns off your high beams and the Hella lights. This is the DMV legal way of wiring driving lights.

imported_
04-07-2003, 00:00
got it... you need to hook into the low beams... not the high....then the driving lights come on in high beam!!

Firemax
04-07-2003, 22:39
Here's the deal, in California if you want to run driving lights they can only be used when the high beams are operational, this means the driving lights need to wired into the high beam circuit. This is so when an on coming car approaches, you can with one push or pull of the high beam switch go to low beam. By wiring the Hellas into the high beam circuit they will shut down when the high beams do. This is how I wired my last truck.

imported_
04-08-2003, 00:23
same as in bc then... but the fact remains that the lowbeams have a floating ground and if you want your driving lights to turn on in high beam you need to use your lowbeam light as the trigger .... lowbeam off triggers from floating ground high to steady ground ... and low beam steady ground to floating ground!.... i tried c coneects on the highbeams only and no trigger!