PDA

View Full Version : 03 Max Vs. Chipped 01 PS

Burner
05-31-2003, 11:29
I had a little fun today. The fella that bought my 01 Power Stroke needed a little work on his truck. I met him at my office and we got it fixed. I asked him if we could race and he gladly accepted, thinking he would smoke me. Our trucks were totally unloaded. We ran a "0" takeoff to 1000ft. I pulled him out of the hole and he "barely" out ran me to 1000ft. We did the same stretch but "got boost" off the line. This time he had me the whole way but once again "barely" pulling me. He had about a truck length on me in the second race. redface.gif
I built his Power Stroke, it really did not bother me that he won. However, I am very impressed that a stock 03' Duramax with 13k was narrowly beat by a 01' PSD chipped with tranny mods at 64k. smile.gif The trucks are very similar. Both trucks are set up with goose or fifth-wheel, 4x4, 3:73 gears and Crew Cab as well as 265/75R 16 "COOPER" AT tires. ------- I cannot wait to crazy with this one!!! I'm not sure about the box, TST or Juice, but the tranny mods will come from Sun Coast in Florida.

I wonder if a 40hp setting on a Diablo, TST or Juice box would take him? I know that any improvement to the Duramax should trump the Ol'e pumped up Power Smoker. Heck, even the crappy Hypersmeck would make a difference.

Burner---------> :D :D

Maverick
05-31-2003, 13:13
I lined up my juiced 3500 against a 99 PSD that was chipped, propane, and 5" exhaust. Had him by 3-4 truck lengths at 70 mph. He said he had the propane on too. You will smoke any Powerjoker with a box on a Dmax.

mackin
05-31-2003, 15:20
What were the mods on the PSD ??

Super chips ?? What level ??

Mac

Burner
05-31-2003, 16:20
The Chip was made by Diablo and the program was made Via~ Ron. Ron "burns" whatever you'd like onto the chip. I had 6 or 7 different chips and Ron made 15 or so different programs, for me, over time. The last program was about the best all around program. It will smoke pretty heavily if you go 100% but not much if you

afp
05-31-2003, 16:39
Not sure what level is needed with the Juice to beat that Ford, by mine went 0-60 in 5.9 seconds and did 14.49 in the quarter on a G-Tech w/Juice on level 4.

Blaine

TN farmer
05-31-2003, 17:01
I had a group of powerstroke owners that had heard about my truck challenge me to a race. They said "there is no way a Chevy can beat their Fords unless it is on propane". I show up to meet them and there are five powerstrokes in the parking lot so they bring the two fastest and we head out of town. We get lined up and he is doing a burnout to warm up the tires so I click mine in 4wd. Well it never was even close I beat him off the line and by the time we made it past the 1/4 I was 15 truck links ahead of him. After seeing this the other guy would not race me and wanted to look under my hood for propane. They were in total disbelief and I didn't have the heart to tell the guy that I was only in level 3, I forgot to push the T/H button. :rolleyes:

One week later one of the guys wanted to know where I got my juice because he had just traded his Powerjoke in for an 03 D-Max.

I think GM should be paying us for this good advertisment!

sdaver
06-01-2003, 10:50
I have had results similar to afp and tnfarmer .....and stomped a hole in several psd.........one blowing smoke like a locomotive........mustangs and bimmers are much more fun :D :D :D dave

Mark A
06-01-2003, 11:59
I had a guy pull out in front of me in a powerjoke and had the nerve to roll black smoke out and look in his rearview mirror laughing. Well needless to say he wasnt laughing much longer. I go to swap lanes and he nails it so here i go, i wish i had a camera for the look on his face when i passed him. I did get in front of him and return the favor with a fair amount of black smoke courtesy of the HOT juice. This guy was so ****ed he wouldnt even look over at me after that. :D

afp
06-01-2003, 12:12
It is almost unfair with 4WD on the street. On a drag strip, many of these Mustangs would beat us, but they just can't get traction on the street. We can with 4WD......................

Blaine

ratlover
06-02-2003, 07:58
Blaine, You say that like its a bad thing :D

RWTD
06-02-2003, 15:53
Originally posted by TN farmer:
Well it never was even close I beat him off the line and by the time we made it past the 1/4 I was 15 truck links ahead of him. After seeing this the other guy would not race me and wanted to look under my hood for propane. They were in total disbelief and I didn't have the heart to tell the guy that I was only in level 3, I forgot to push the T/H button. :rolleyes: HAHAHAH, I love it!!!