PDA

View Full Version : pricing on injectors

Keith Richards
11-10-2004, 11:49
I am getting close to needeing new injectors,and was wondering what you guys have paid.I was quoted 750.00 to do the job,mat. and labor.At that price I will do them myself,and was told they are a bear to get to.What do you guys think?The injectors themselves were $48 a piece.

rlvelin
11-10-2004, 15:08
I just put in new injectors a couple months ago. I priced out Gomers, Kennedy, Heath, and Wickliff. They were all between $300 and $350 for a set of stock injectors, shipping not included. That is $37.50 - $43.75 each, shipping not included. I got mine from Wickliff for $320 (Delphi brand) because I wanted to keep the old Bosch injectors (they didn't have a core policy).

As far as doing it yourself beg, borrow, or buy a deep well 30mm GM axle nut socket (if you don't have one) for the injectors. Remove the turbo, it took me about 30min total for R&R of the turbo and heat shield. Others have posted that they could have saved a couple hours and much blood by removing the turbo and not just the heat shield.

catmandoo
11-10-2004, 17:54
i think i paid 42.00 for mine and i got a snap-on socket,you have to watch the sockets,as some of them are taller and you might have to remove the turbo,but after fighting the stupid heat shield clips,once it's off they really aren't that bad to get to what is the problem and the major cause of blood lose is those stupid clamps on the return hoses off the inj's,definately get the press on one's that don't need clamps.

markelectric
11-10-2004, 18:24
You need to find somebody that works out of his garage. I have a guy that is a service writer at a GM dealership that works on my diesels at home for fun. I have had two sets of injectors installed for $100 each set. I could get an electronic injection pump changed for $150. I just drop it off at his house and a couple days or week later and I pick it up and it is good as new. I also get to buy GM parts at dealer cost. I think I have a great deal going. To bad you are not closer to Indiana.

david
11-10-2004, 19:26
You don't have to pull the turbo!!!!!!!!
Pull the right tire off and the fender well.
Very ez to do the job then!!

Kennedy
11-11-2004, 07:28
I USED to, and possibly still would (if secured on a credit card) provide a "loaner" socket with injector purchases. I had 4 sockets, but am down to 2 I believe. Unfortunately, I didn't keep very good track of these things, and relied on trust. Now that I've got the online ordering and computer record keeping it won't be so difficult.

As for brand, I'd take Bosch over Delphi (Lucas?CAV) any day...

Keith Richards
11-11-2004, 15:02
hey guys,thanks.Yes that mechanic deal in In diana sounds killer,I wish I had an honest friend/mechanic to do that for me.I kind of enjoy tackling these things in my free time as well,which isn't that often.I will definately call you Kennedy, within the next few weeks as soon as my budget will alow,that would be great if you could loan that special socket,if I cant find one here.My injectors are stock, I beleive.At 120,000 miles I think theyre getting a little tired,and I like to fix things a little bit before they break,or fail,if possible.It leads to a happier life tongue.gif