PDA

View Full Version : Every time I switch back I'm amazed

sdaver
08-28-2003, 14:33
Got my much improved tst comp box in the mail last week and have been using it for the past 4 or 5 days. The bursting is almost all gone with the exception of level 9 and torque enhancement 8 or 9. The tst is much better but still has some rough edges (no pun intended) On road manners need to be addressed. There is a definitly a on and off feel at speeds above 70 mph in power levels above 6 with any torque enhancment at all. It comes in the form of a shudder and rough on and off feel. Fishbite would be a good description. First I thought it was just me but others noticed as well the truck is much louder and clacky. It actually sounds like one of my powerstrokes. The performance of the tst comp is there and seems to be very powerful in 0 to 60 and quartermile (gtech 5.5 and 13.85 @100mph)but the rough side effects are going to have to be addressed to be a contender.

Now here is the good news. I put my juice back on and the off idle torque and smoothness is unbelievable. My truck no longer has the clacky diesel sound. Just smooth power. The boost drop between shifts is approximatley the same as the tst (3-4psi) even with the defuel. You guys with a beefed transmission have to try hot and the comp(if you can borrow one)in fifth gear at 70 mph or better it feels like a two stroke bike in the power band,just smooth rapid and linear accleration.

To date I have had the following on or installed in my truck: the juice, steve coles computer or reflash, predator, vanaken pressure box and a tst comp. I have also driven an 03 with hypertech and it was not even close to edges performance. You guys that drive with the juice every day just take it off for a few days and ride and listen. The truck has a much greater diesel sound with out the juice. The additional timing in some others make it even more noisy.

With all of this said, its become very apparent who has done their homework. The power, torque and refinment that the juice offers is in my opinion way above the rest. The ease of installation and the ability to change back to stock, and to switch between trucks is also a bonus. With the addition of the in cab moniter and all of its functions nothing else will even be close. :D dave

[ 08-28-2003, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: sdaver ]

SoCalDMAX
08-28-2003, 15:10
Wow!

Tons of great info there, from someone who has tried nearly all of them! Now if that darn Quadzilla tuner would show up, you could give your impressions of that one as well! From ohter posts, it sounds like the Quadzilla is the closest contender the the Juice in overall power, smoothness, etc.

Oh yeah, "Scooter" was wondering how many points you've racked up on the ol' drivin' record. ;)

Regards, Steve

mike.morris
08-28-2003, 15:11
Dave,

Thanks for putting in the time and money to research these performance products. You and others on this forum are an invaluable resource for others like me. I have been feeling the need for some extra power lately and this report and others have firmly planted my decision on getting the Juice. Thanks again for the efforts, now I just hope Santa comes early this year :D :D :D .

Mike

DMG
08-28-2003, 16:11
Originally posted by sdaver:
Got my much improved tst comp box in the mail last week and have been using it for the past 4 or 5 days. The bursting is almost all gone with the exception of level 9 and torque enhancement 8 or 9. The tst is much better but still has some rough edges (no pun intended) On road manners need to be addressed. There is a definitly a on and off feel at speeds above 70 mph in power levels above 6 with any torque enhancment at all. It comes in the form of a shudder and rough on and off feel. Fishbite would be a good description. First I thought it was just me but others noticed as well the truck is much louder and clacky. It actually sounds like one of my powerstrokes. The performance of the tst comp is there and seems to be very powerful in 0 to 60 and quartermile (gtech 5.5 and 13.85 @100mph)but the rough side effects are going to have to be addressed to be a contender.

Now here is the good news. I put my juice back on and the off idle torque and smoothness is unbelievable. My truck no longer has the clacky diesel sound. Just smooth power. The boost drop between shifts is approximatley the same as the tst (3-4psi) even with the defuel. You guys with a beefed transmission have to try hot and the comp(if you can borrow one)in fifth gear at 70 mph or better it feels like a two stroke bike in the power band,just smooth rapid and linear accleration.

To date I have had the following on or installed in my truck: the juice, steve coles computer or reflash, predator, vanaken pressure box and a tst comp. I have also driven an 03 with hypertech and it was not even close to edges performance. You guys that drive with the juice every day just take it off for a few days and ride and listen. The truck has a much greater diesel sound with out the juice. The additional timing in some others make it even more noisy.

With all of this said, its become very apparent who has done their homework. The power, torque and refinment that the juice offers is in my opinion way above the rest. The ease of installation and the ability to change back to stock, and to switch between trucks is also a bonus. With the addition of the in cab moniter and all of its functions nothing else will even be close. :D dave You mentioned Steve Cole's programmer but you didn't make direct mention of the pros and cons as to performance differences of it and the Edge. I have the 3 position Powerloader II but no experience with the Edge. Would like to hear your performance comparisons of these two only, not the marriage to Vin # and resale issues.

Thanks for the info.

Dave

sdaver
08-28-2003, 16:32
I liked steve's program . At the time my tranny was still stock and would not hold fifth with his reflash. The speedo adjustment was dead on and it made lots of power. It was right there with the hot juice. Im sure steve has added some power to his extreme program to run the times that were posted. Maybe at some point Ill get the chance to test it and compare it with the comp juice. Bear in mind the program I had was the full race program and that was more than my abused tranny would hold. It did not have the noise or bursting that some of the others had by themself or when they were stacked. The return to stock issue would be the biggest issue for me now since the tranny is definitely resolved :D dave

SoCalDMAX
08-28-2003, 17:22
Originally posted by mike.morris:
Dave,

Thanks for putting in the time and money to research these performance products. You and others on this forum are an invaluable resource for others like me. I have been feeling the need for some extra power lately and this report and others have firmly planted my decision on getting the Juice. Thanks again for the efforts, now I just hope Santa comes early this year :D :D :D .

Mike Hey Mike,

Santa comes whenever you make her... it could be Christmas time ALL year round. ;)

Regards, Steve

mackin
08-28-2003, 18:02
Sdaver

Amen brother ....Edge Products,it Rocks !!!!

Mac :D :D :D

mackin
08-28-2003, 20:13
Oh yeah, "Scooter" was wondering how many points you've racked up on the ol' drivin' record. [Wink] I didn't go look yet ,scared ..... Next week ... Going speeding in the Northeast Kingdom tomorrow ..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mac ;)

king D
08-28-2003, 20:14
dave are you tryin to get on aarons good side with all this edge pushing.sorry to hear about the tst still being all over the place but i was afraid that last revision wasnt good enough,hopefully the next one will be.hard to beat the comp juice for smootness and power until you plug in the quad stealth 200-215 tunes,then there is not much to compare.hope to get a 150 to 170 quad tune to dyno /compare againts the edge comp.i drive around with the stealth on 70 and the edge on comp in t/h for those stoplights when extra power is needed.

sdaver
08-28-2003, 20:30
aaron who? :D

Burner
08-28-2003, 20:48
David,

When will the truck see the Dyno? If you want to see your truck on a DynoJet 240C, I'll pay for it. :D

I will attest to David

imported_
08-28-2003, 21:02
SoCal...i will be letting y'all know about the bullydog box soon, i pick it up in moscow idaho this saturday.... supposedly it is the twin of the quad bax....later...oh... btw it will be their HO. program!

TSimpler
08-28-2003, 21:29
got to tell ya... My supercharged Yukon (now taking the lead roll as my hunting buggy) couldn't even come close to the DMAX.

The juice woke my DMAX up more than the B&M Blower did for my 350. It was the easiest power add on I have ever done, even easier than a K&N

Trent

Kennedy
08-29-2003, 08:28
Sdaver,

After this weekend, I should have a Stealth freed up to send. I'm kinda hoping to get it to the dyno Saturday.

Like it's been said here, the Hot Juice is just as smooth as silk. The Quad really seems to haul the mail, but not as smooth or linear. The 215 unit is a comp program, and designed to be wicked first/smooth later. That can be improved on in time though.

Makes it REALLY tough to decide what to run. I'll be running the Juice/Attitude on the street though...

MaD MaX,

Twins on the outside does not mean they are twins on the inside...

Oongawah
08-30-2003, 23:56
John,

Is the Attitude out yet?

Kennedy
08-31-2003, 09:38
Not QUITE, but I'm thinking "2 weeks" has become any day now!

As I understand, the production line will be the first to change over so new "full sets" will be the first available. Then the "rework" project will be next. The end plate that the wires pass through will need to be removed and a wiring shunt added/soldered in, so it will take time. Word also is, that there will be the option of "exchange" or to have your own unit returned in the new form.

Oh yeah, I just switched back for daily driving, and am once again AMAZED...

FirstDiesel
08-31-2003, 09:47
JK

What will the features of The Attitude be besides on the fly level changes. There is nothing on Edge's website and on their forum an Edge person has alluded to everything but sliced bread.

I'm holding off on gauges and a box until I hear what this unit has in it. Will it do readouts of boost, egt etc??

Kennedy
09-01-2003, 08:29
I've still got page 2 of my Word doc to complete, and then I'll list the product on my site. I'll email you what I have so far...

sdaver
09-03-2003, 17:54
so whats with the typing ;) just using two fingers I could have typed the loyal yellow pages by now............hell I hear you got a new employee and now you just talk on the phone all day and issues orders(or is that me :confused: ... :D )dave