PDA

View Full Version : Back from the dealer with 8 new injectors.

Little_Fishing_Creek_Farms
09-22-2004, 13:36
Well, I got the truck finally back from the dealer after a little over 6 weeks, which is a whole lot better than some of the estimates I was given. Guess calling the dealer every Friday morning before their call with the regional parts supervisor and following up every Monday finally weared them down.

Even with the hurricane coming this weekend, I was committed to draging a 30' trailer to Penn State for the game. So I was thrilled that my truck was completed, so I would not have to use my Grandfather's lighter 1500 series.

I picked the car up after hours, so when I saw a $100 deductible on the bill for the warranty work their was not much the cashier could do. Guess I will need GM to call the dealer for a second time to remind them of the "no cost" repair. :mad:

The warranty bill was something like $4,300 and I noticed that the dealer also threw in an oil change w/ filter. Too bad the dealer's technicians don't know the specifications of their own vehicles since they put 5W30 oil in my 2500HD. :eek: Not using the truck much this week, so the oil will be swapped out this weekend.

My big concern is that since receiving the car back from the dealer the Low Coolant light has come on twice. Usually only for a few minutes after the car has sat for a few hours. I have topped off the tank and am actively monitoring it. After reading Brandy's situation with the dealer and a coolant leak she suffered, the question is could the dealer have screwed something up in taking apart or putting together my engine that could result in a coolant leak? :(

tanker
09-22-2004, 13:50
6 weeks for injector's?? :eek: Good grief thats unreal. 5W30 in a diesel? :rolleyes: How big is this dealer? I see your from upstate, but their must be a dealer near that knows what they are doing. I'd let GM know about this, what if you decided to tow hard in some hot weather, who would suffer. Hope all goes well, and I'd check the fluids for a while and look for any leaks. Wish you well. smile.gif

MaxACL
09-23-2004, 03:59
Both times my injectors were replaces the "Low Coolant" light came on several times. Even after I changes the "Super" coolant at 110k miles. If you let it wind out in low gear to 3000-3400 RPM a few times with the heater on, will eventually purge the air pockets out and the light remains off... till the next time you need injectors!

Mike

MaxACL
09-23-2004, 04:03
On Edit...

For giggles and grins, I took the tuck back to the dealer in Mt Holly in NJ because of the light, and after consultation.. the "Low Coolant Light" sensor needed replacement.

They too kept the truck for 6 or 7 weeks.

Mike

Louis_Young
10-01-2004, 13:53
I got my truck back today. Eight new injectors. It took 17 calender days. Great dealer. Jim Hardman in Gainesville, GA. 2001 Crew Cab Short bed 4X4 Duramax/Allison, 117,300 miles. GM sold another truck with this kind of service.