PDA

View Full Version : Code P0101 help !!!

scottie40
01-15-2004, 15:34
Just bought a 04 Duramax ext cab(my first diesel). It has about 2400 miles on it..When I first got it I installed a K&N element and couldnt believe how much it responded to better breathing..No codes at this time..Then I replaced the air box with a sweet looking Air force one cold air intake,also a 4" monster cat back was installed along with reprograming with Hypertech set for right now at stage 1..Since then I keep getting a P0101 code about every third start..Tonight I took out the maf and cleaned it..then cleared the code again with my scanner..Iam thinking I might have to go back to the stock intake :( and see if it cures this..The Maf sensor is mounted about a foot away from the original location with the new intake..? It hasnt been above zero much here in Maine lately..

mdrag
01-15-2004, 15:47
scottie40,

Checking DTC P0101 on the AUTOTAP OBDII SITE (http://www.obdii.com/codes.asp):

P0101 Mass Air Flow System Performance

It sounds like you are on the right track. Good luck and welcome to the forums.

DinoMax
01-15-2004, 15:51
scottie40, code p0101 is: Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Performance. It's probably because of the intake. Moving the MAF closer to or farther away from the stock location changes the airflow amount/characteristics and trips the light. At least you got a scanner to keep clearing the code tongue.gif
I guess you'll have to live w/ it or go back to the stock airbox :rolleyes: Good Luck, DinoMax :D :D

scottie40
01-15-2004, 16:03
Thanks guys..I must say that Iam very impressed with the truck and enjoy driving it.I guess I got a little to anxious with mods without researching first..If I cant cure the code problem I will put the stock box back on and go with the UNI filter like Kennedy recommends..

Kennedy
01-15-2004, 16:13
Could also be EGR related. I'm assuming that in ME you got the CA-CT-MA-ME emissions pkg. Diablo has been fighting this with CA emissions trucks. I thought it was a boost code, but am not quite certain.

Relocating the MAF sensor can be quite a tricky deal. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

scottie40
01-15-2004, 17:17
Yeah I live in Maine John.. I usually let the truck run awhile in morn before I head to work(15-20mins)..Might be giving you a call in a few days to order a filter..Hate to give up that Polished stainless intake..Its 10 below right now..So far no problems with starting in the morn..Cant wait to get that 15W40 out and get some 5W40 in though..The dealer is going to give me a free oil change at 3000..I will see what he has for oil grades

mdrag
01-15-2004, 17:40
Originally posted by scottie40:
..The dealer is going to give me a free oil change at 3000..I will see what he has for oil grades If your dealer fills you up with 5W-40 for free - I'd give him an 'A' in that category :D