PDA

View Full Version : Throttle problems

Paul Amestoy
07-17-2004, 12:01
seems that I can't keep a steady speed at 65 or so. I find that I need to have slight throttle pressure ( like going up hills), or towing somthing in order to keep a steady speed... If I back off the accelerator just a bit the engine goes straight to idle... so I have to have sustained engine speed of 2K or more...if I try to back off below that...then the engine goes to idle.... If I use 3rd gear then the symptoms are the same, but the speed, and RPms differ...seems to be a throttle possition issue...do these engines have throttle possition indicators... BTW it happens in cruise also..so it is not a pedal sensor...it don't think... :rolleyes:

Phil Holmen
07-17-2004, 13:36
What year of truck, mechanical or electronic pump, what transmission??? It is alot easier if you edit your profile and add info reguarding your truck, making it easier and less time consuming sending truck info back and forth...

Paul Amestoy
07-18-2004, 07:10
Thanks Phil, I made the changes to the profile, and they should show up next post ( maybe this post) in the mean time I have the following:
1998 K2500 6.5TD with Remote Cooler, 3.5" cat back Flowmaster exhaust and KN filter.. 155K and on my 4th pump!

Kennedy
07-19-2004, 14:20
I've seen this before, and believe that it is injector pump related. The fueling takes off because the encoder isn't working smoothly would be my guess...

Paul Amestoy
07-19-2004, 20:13
john, had a similar problem but much worse the and the last pump fixed it for just a bit.... so I had a pump at 119K .... 132K.... and now at 160K.... I spoke to standadyn and the swear by their product and state that it must be a sensor, or other non pump issue..... I know it is not the fsd... I have one on pump and one external...and either connected makes no change.... Do ya think after yet another 12K I need a pump? Do you know of a good diesel shop in southern california? :mad: