PDA

View Full Version : setting up the parameters on the juice lly

rdanley
09-11-2004, 19:57
ok folks i purchased my edge juice for my lly, i was wondering from the people who are running the juice on the lly for towing, how they set the paremeters for top egts, trans setup and so forth. this thing does whole lot just like to get it setup correctly from the start.

More Power
09-15-2004, 13:18
The following product review closes with a recommendation for Juice/Attitude setup for towing.

http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/attitude.htm

MP

rdanley
09-15-2004, 18:13
i read that review more power very informative but i was more interested in the trans setup and the low boost fueling parameters i guess i should have been more detailed sorry, i know it says whenn towing to set it no higher than 2 but i am hoping i can go to 3. on my 99 ctd everone said i should not go above 2 on it also but i have been using 3 with out any problems but i also know they are two different trucks.

More Power
09-15-2004, 20:13
RD,

The low boost fueling parameter has more to do with your "sensitivity" to smoke and to CARB. You do get a bit more kick (and smoke) when punching it from a low boost/speed/rpm range, but the overall effect on EGT is pretty minimal for the short time it takes to build boost.

If you tow, I'd allow the defuel at locked shifts (default setting). It's a trans durability and driveability thing. When running around empty, you can use that feature without a problem, but frankly, I don't notice much difference. The ECM will still pull fuel during shifting even with the defuel toggled off.

As far as what power level to use while towing, it's all a matter of how you choose to manage EGT and how close to the trans torque limit you want to run. The heavier the load and the higher the power setting, the closer you are to the trans not being able to contain the torque.

MP

rdanley
09-16-2004, 11:08
thanks more power i will stay with in the limits of durabilty, i do not need the wife screaming at me thousands of miles away from home :D i do have one more ? for ya morepower was it seem like you and a couple of other guys on this site are the only ones anserwing in ? i am used to the tdr site and still proud member but we all jump in and give are 2 cents in. will give me a couple of months and i should be able to help out also, i am new to the dmax so i have learning curve to overcome. thanks again.