PDA

View Full Version : limp mode

rdanley
09-09-2004, 19:01
ok i have been hearing about this limp mode on these trucks, i am getting ready to install my edge juice w/ attitude. and i probably will set it between 2 & 3 towing my fiver. now if truck does go into limp mode how do i get it out of this mode, hopefully i wont have to go to the dealer. see sig

More Power
09-10-2004, 13:31
Being the conservative sort, I haven't experienced an Allison limp, but I do know that cycling the ignition will return the system to normal as long as the condition is not present at the next ignition cycle.

Repeated limps will produce a cumulative effect on trans durability. If a limp is repeatable, I'd stay below that limit or plan to upgrade the trans...

MP

mark45678
09-10-2004, 15:50
1100 miles of towing my camper in the hills of PA. last month, juice set on 3 .... lots of up hill full power no problems/trans slip. Just watch your EGT and have it back down at 1350, the extra power make it a LOT easier to tow! My 2001 never limped even with juice for 80000 miles , my lly now has 26000 miles most of that juiced! :eek:

rdanley
09-10-2004, 18:26
hey mark are you using the juice with attitude i am just wondering how the attitude gauges are working. and if i took it right you are saying keep my egt below 1350. thanks for the info everyone. i am used to my cummins pretty much no the ins and outs. learnig on the lly do not want to start off with mistakes ( want to upgrade right the first time ).