PDA

View Full Version : ok everyone i got some cash lets go shopping w/? and long

rdanley
09-08-2004, 19:20
ok everyone as you might have noticed i am new to the durmax thing being a cummins nut and all ( see sig ) and new to the auto trans setup. i was the guy allways saying i would not buy another gm diesel. ( had bad taste with 94 2500 4x4 6.5td )anyway i can say this new gm truck is very comfortable love xm radio, crew cab, and the onstar and the tow wieght this truck provides from the factory. first ? i have is this when i get to pull my fiver ( 16k ) which will be in a month to florida from oklahoma. do i need to lock it into 4th gear or let the tow haul mode decide?
second is like i said before i just sold my harley so i have about 5k to spend which 3k is going towards air ride hitchs. so i am thinking towards the edge juice w/ attitude, afe stage 2 intake and kd 4" ss exhaust. i am sold on edge products from running it on my cummins. but i do have a ? on the attitude are the gauges pretty accurate or should i go with a pod mount type setup? like i said before i am new to the dmax do not know much about them like i do the mighty cummins. also i do have 5k worth of milage already on the lly so i think it is time to boost the power. also i would like to know what yall think of amsoil in these engines and do i need to wait 10k before i switch to amsoil? sorry so long i just dont want to make any mistake. :D

More Power
09-09-2004, 08:49
Accuracy of the available gauges/Attitude could be right-on or maybe not.. It'd be hard to know for sure unless someone tested several sets of each using an analytical setup. I generally know what these engines produce for EGT during various types of driving, and use that info to evaluate what I see on a new gauge or new Attitude setup.

Analog gauges are easier to read and quick to interpret at just a glance, where a digital gauge requires more time to interpret. Plus, gauges look cooler... However, control of the EGT by the Attitude is a compelling reason to go that route.

There was a rumor a while back that said GM was considering installing Mobil Delvac 1 synthetic in the Duramax at the factory. GM already uses syn in other applications, like the Vettes. So, I'd say pour in the synthetic when you're ready. If going with Amsoil, consider the 15W-40 marine synthetic.

MP

Kennedy
09-09-2004, 09:08
FYI, the AFE 2 for LLY has just released. Has the new roto molded plastic tube!