PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me

big-diesel
01-04-2004, 14:24
I just returned from a trip that gave me some problems with my DMAX. I have th Banks Stinger system insalled (chip, wastegate acctuator, guages and exhaust). We were about 400 miles into our trip and going through the mountains of Western Maryland and Eastern West Virginia (about 3000 feet above sea level). The truck didn't see less than 80 and the the turbo was working all day. Halfway up a hill I got a message in my driver info center stating reduced engine power. I pulled off the next exit let it cool down and waited about 15 minutes. Everything went away until I got back on the highway and it did it again about 1/2 hour later. Took it to a dealer in West Virginia and this is what he said "PO 1125 accel. pedal position sensor circuit 3 code. Has banks turbo control system installed, not allowing PCM to read voltage from APP3. Disconnected system. Note: Has Banks wastegate accuator on turbo allowing too much boost. Customer should take it easy until removed or system repaired." I had to pay the dealer $100 to disconnect the chip. I watched the guages the entire trip and never hit more than 25 psi. Most of the trip was between 10 and 22 psi.

1) I am not sure what is wrong? Is it my truck, is it the banks system?
2) Is my entire warranty voided or just any problems caused by the chip? Are future warranty visits going to have me red flagged in the dealers computer?
3) I plan on calling Banks and Jannetty Racing (the installer of the system) tommorrow but thought you guys could get me started on the right path so I know what questions to ask?
4) Anyone know how to reconnect the harnesses?

Made it home the entire trip with no problems and 1.5 mpg better gas mileage (I would rather have the power though)

Sorry for the long post and thanks for your help.

Diesel Dragon
01-04-2004, 16:32
Hi Big Diesel

If you were having trouble with your truck and the tech disconnected your chip and now it's been fine then it's probablly a chip problem.
Either try hooking it up again and see if it comes back or get another chip from Bank's or Jannetty.

But your bigger problem could be if the dealer marked down that you have a after market Chip installed. You may very well be red flagged and are going to have problems for any powertrain warranty work. They will blame everything on the Chip, and the Actuator.

You should of been informed how to disconnect and remove the chip (2 min job) so when you went in to the dealer no one would see it.

The exaust, and guages are not that big of a deal for warranty.

I have a Edge Juice and a VA box that I use and I haven't had any codes yet. But other people have and just because the code was set it dosen't mean that there's anything wrong with the truck. Just a little hiccup in the computer program.

I would try to hook it up again for a few days and see what happens, if it starts right away then take it back to Jannetty and get another.

And see what your local dealer tells you when you go in for service or oil change. And don't forget to REMOVE the chip before you go in.

Good Luck Diesel Dragon :cool: