PDA

View Full Version : Can VIN tell you how a truck is equipped?

ccole
01-03-2004, 18:45
Hello all and happy 2004! I am looking at purchasing a 2003 GMC, but it is located several hours from me. Does anybody know of a website that is capable of telling a person exactly how the truck is equipped if you have the VIN? Thanks in advance for any input!

Chris

Trip
01-04-2004, 04:33
The VIN # doesn't really tell you any options. Info is Country of origin, Make, GVWR/Brake System, Chassis type, Series, Body type, Engine type, Model year, Plant location, and sequence #. Maybe the sequence # can be cross-referenced by the Manu to fully describe the truck, but I don't really know.

VA_Dmax
01-04-2004, 07:09
I think you might be able to use GMBuypower.com ( I think thats the right site) and if you know the Zip code of the dealer its in or a zip code close by, it will show inventory of a specific truck type ( 2500 or 1500 long/short bed ) at dealers in that area. Then it lists out color and all the options on the truck. I used that a little over a year ago when I was searching for 6 speeds.

dmaxalliTech
01-04-2004, 16:43
email me the VIN and I can tell you everything you ever wanted to know about that truck, including complete warr history, original selling dealer and the color of the floor mats
eric

ccole
01-04-2004, 16:49
Dmaxallitech---
I just emailed you the vin.

Thank You!!!

mark45678
01-05-2004, 19:17
any body that works for a dealer know the parts guys have "vis" they can tell you what color your door panel is ,what gear ratio is in it ,if the driver seat has been farted on basicly! also warrenty owrk done bay dealer and when!