PDA

View Full Version : general information question about injector problems and shipped power boosting

nampadmax
08-26-2004, 15:22
I read this forum faithfully and wonder if one of you tech./experts would speculate for me on injector problems and chipped power products-- I have an 03 HD D/A 2500 stock w/12000 miles and its a screamin', pullin' machine--I've wondered if the majority of injector failures are due to additional power from chip products, not anticipated my GM--I do understand that when we bring our truck in for service, they are "clean" stock, original equipment-this aside, do you think injector failure is fron an inferior product or power curves exceeding stock base lines? :confused:

More Power
08-27-2004, 19:53
We may never have conclusive answers to your questions. We've run polls trying to determine whether there are any trends in injector failures, but it's all pretty murky with such a small and anecdotal sampling.

Opinions are many - for what it's worth, here's mine.

I personally don't think the current crop of power adding products (modules or programmers) have much effect on injector failure rates over the long term. They might show a problem earlier rather than later if an injector is destined to fail, however.

MP

nampadmax
08-28-2004, 10:17
Thanks # 1--my thoughts are similar, with the exception that perhaps GM knows there are "better" injector products out there but these are what we get!!

rickdlance
08-28-2004, 14:38
I had an 01 with 150,000 miles before it needed injectors. Had the Juice on it for aprox. 120,000 of those. Bought an 04 and at 2000 miles it was diagnosed with 5 bad injectors. No mods what so ever.

dmaxalliTech
08-28-2004, 19:28
IMO, like Jim said, the injectors are not plauged by the aftermarket boxes, rather of poor design/materials in construction.

saywhat
08-29-2004, 03:43
I wonder what the percent rate would be for the injectors to fail on my 02 before 200,000 miles!