PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Kennedy....Another question though....

thechevyhdman
02-13-2003, 16:21
I would personally like to thank John Kennedy for taking time out of his day to give me a helping hand with a Tech II problem. I went to my dealership to change my High Idle settings. Well make a long story short the Service Manager and I ended up doing more harm then good. (WOW are these TII complicated as heck). Not only did he give a helping hand but walked me through the whole process of adjusting my idle settings...while sitting in his own Duramax on the phone. I would just like to say thanks.
Now my question is this. You stated that my standby setting with H-I button on it will turn off the balancing rate on the injectors. It works fine so far from the 3 times I tried it....But when I shut off the H-I button from any posistion Standy-On-RA, I feel a little bit of rocking in the engine( I have to assume thats the balancing being shut off)... It will rock for 10 seconds and return to normal. Is this ok? I have my new settings as this
Standby)comes on automatically when HI is turned on 925 rpms
On push set button 1025 rpms
R/A 1150.
How come when I shut off the high idle button she idles rough for 10 sec. Is that ok and will it cause any problem.
Thanks again for returning my call within minutes...Your a mans man.
Bill

Kennedy
02-13-2003, 17:21
My observation has been:

1) Balancing is active only at idle (0% APP)

2) Once the HI program is reset (altered) the balancing shuts off when on standby. It also can oscillate between off and on every second or so. :rolleyes:

3) When balancing rate is off, the idle can be quite crappy. This will likely depend on how well balanced the injectors are.

4) When returning to balanced idle from unbalanced idle the engine will idle rough for a while as it regains composure.