PDA

View Full Version : Dyno numbers of 468hp & 862tq

TN farmer
02-12-2003, 22:07
I hate to say that this is not my truck but those numbers are impressive. I found this on a Dodge site but if you scroll down far enough you will see a dyno sheet of several trucks. The higher numbers are from Bully Dogs D-max and show some pitures of it also.

The site is:http://www.nwbombers.com/board/ikonboard.cgi?s=3e4722492f58ffff;act=ST;f=15;t=169 3

Let me know what everyone thinks. Robert

[ 02-12-2003: Message edited by: TN farmer ]</p>

Dmax son
02-13-2003, 01:52
Well a few things to say about this. To start I don't think they are dynoing the trucks right. First there are 2 new fords with the 6.0, one says auto. They are listing stock 280 Horsepower, that would mean they are only losing 14 percent in the drivetrain. Then to read thought the post about how them dodge boys and there dodges don't need to run propane to make more power than the fords and dmax's. Well there is a duramax there with just a computer mod and is prducing 449hp and 862tq. There was only 2 dodges there that beat it, both owned by the same person, that was only makeing 431hp and 913tq. That is with the auto, and he's got the pdr hx40(I think it is a turbo, correct me if wrong) 5" exhuast, edge comp(computer) cam ported head and injectors. The other was with a 5 speed a BD3(???) edge comp and the pdr hx40 and it ran 488hp and 975tq. The duramax doesn't have injectors out forit yet, and they don't have a turbo for it yet and it still produces great numbers with just a computer.

Bryan

mackin
02-13-2003, 04:19
Things seem to be "fairly" accurate to me......Would be nice if they had torque numbers for each run tho.....

MAC :D :D :D

Vaughn MacKenzie
02-13-2003, 10:13
DMax son, actually there are injectors available for the DMax from Diesel Dynamics: http://www.dieseldynamics.com/duramax.htm

I agree the 449hp was an excellent showing for the DMax. I am not familiar with this chip but to see that great of gains with only a chip is amazing. I don't know if it's one that is marketed or available, and how driveable/radical it is.

Being the Cummins fan I am it's exciting to see power upgrades for the new common rail '03s in both boxes and injectors.

Vaughn

imported_
02-13-2003, 17:00
I am a member of that page...lol..Got juice?.....i have been there for some time... just to keep the cumming guys "inline" of course.
the chip was a proto. bullydog dyno dominator.

wangotango
02-14-2003, 00:30
Any way you look at it.
That Dodge Cummins w/ twin turbos is a very impressive machine.

From a mechanics point of view, it's fun to see.
Driveability or economy or astronomy: so what.

That thing's a monster.

But it may pull my wife's two big fat ponies around in their fancy trailer a bit too fast.

Was fun. Thanks for post.

w/t