PDA

View Full Version : What some dealers do

Paintdude
02-12-2003, 21:14
This got deleted, so here it is again and it will be again and again.....Where can I send 5 dollars for extra bandwidth?

Schneider: Diesel-gas mixture fuels reader response

Diesel fuel and gasoline are obviously a volatile mixture.

I recently wrote about an Ionia General Motors dealership employee who filled Loren Weller's new diesel truck with gasoline before driving it to Grand Rapids.

The dealer spent about $1,600 to clean engine parts and replace others. But, worried about long-range, permanent damage to his 6-day-old, $40,000 investment, Weller wanted a new truck.

Meanwhile, GM officials said the 100,000-mile warranty on the truck's engine and drivetrain would remain in effect.

Two dozen readers weighed in on the subject. A sample:

From Bob Erickson of Lansing: "All I can say is, 'You've GOT to be kidding.' I would file a complaint with the attorney general right away.

"Mr. Weller needs to know that GM will try to wear him out, and hope he gives in. Most people will not want to go to all the trouble it takes to win. GM, as well as the other car companies, know this."

Costly error

From Amy Croel Perrien of Grand Rapids: "I am certainly not surprised that the Tom Carter dealership is fighting this tooth and nail. This is an expensive mistake. However, the fact remains that the dealer's employees made the mistake that could cost Mr. Weller considerably.

"In my opinion, the dealer should replace the truck or at the VERY LEAST put in a new engine and then stay financially responsible for the truck as long as it is on the road.

"There are simply too many what-ifs in this deal for me to be comfortable. If I were the owner I would certainly be fighting as hard as Mr. Weller to have this situation corrected."

From Kelly L. Blessing of Fowlerville: "There is no way that I could be reimbursed for the 'inconvenience' of wondering where, or if, my new truck might leave my quarter horses and I stranded.

"How will Tom Carter Motor Sales Inc. and GM take care of the horses if the truck leaves them stranded any distance from home?

"Mr. Weller bought a new $40,000 truck and had no worries about it. He should remain worry-free."

From Gary Gimmey of Lansing: "I own a Chevy Duramax Diesel myself. I can't see how the driver can make this kind of a mistake. On the door an emblem says 'DURAMAX Diesel.' The fuel gauge says 'DIESEL' and on the fuel door it says 'DIESEL FUEL.' Even the sound of a diesel engine is different than a gas engine.

"I think the dealer should give Mr. Weller a new truck."

mackin
02-12-2003, 21:28
That is horrible !!!!!!!!! Not the story, someone deleted your post !!!!!! tongue.gif

No really he should get a brand spank'in new engine or truck or a lifetime warranty......Take your pic GM.....

MAC :D :D :D

SoCalDMAX
02-12-2003, 23:01
Paintdude,

Your post didn't get deleted, somehow the BB software got confused and it's listed as "Time to Juice" by XLR8 2DMAX.

That's a bummer of a story. I've heard people say that no real harm comes from it, but on the other hand who really knows.

Since GM probably has ins. to cover stuff like this, I'd agree, give him a new truck, the ins. co. is going to resell it anyways. :mad:

I hope it all works out!!

Regards, Steve