PDA

View Full Version : I like the 3.6 better than 3.2! ~Juice~

Texas Rancher
07-27-2002, 11:00
First off, hello to all. I have been a long-time reader of the forums, and just now paid my membership dues..
I have been reading the comments on the Juice updates. In my opinion, v3.6 is the best (so far). v3.2 did not seem to de-fuel between shifts, but v3.6 does; thereby 'feeling' a little less peppy..however, my timed runs are quicker with v3.6 than v3.2..Go figure..??
Also, as I am sure you do--I LOVE the confirmation 'revs' of the engine.

One more question: Do any of you know of an EGT guage (digital, preferably) that fits/would fit in the 'hole' where the air bag switch it supposed to be? (deminsion wise)

Thanks. This is a great site..
Anyone live around Amarillo, TX?

afp
07-27-2002, 11:55
TR,

I am stationed near San Antonio, but my wife's uncle is in White Deer, and his neighbor has a DMax. My wife's uncle is a Ford guy, and has an 02 Powerstroke with a chip. In fact, the service manager of the Ford delaership installed the thing for him.

Blaine

PEANUTGRWR
07-27-2002, 15:55
HEY RANCHER IM ABOUT 85 MILES FROM AMARILLO. NEAR QUITAQUE. THE SPA DIGITAL GUAGE WILL FIT THE HOLE NEAR THE AIRBAG SWITCH JUST BARELY ONE OF OUR PICKUPS HAS THIS GUAGE INSTALLED THERE. ITS KINDA TRICKY INSTALLING THOUGH YOULL NEED A HOT GLUE GUN TO AND A DREMIL FOR THE INSTALL.

7mmSTW
07-27-2002, 20:04
I'm 90+ miles from Amarillo in Clovis, NM. The SPA in the pickup Peanut is talking about is real slick. I got to watch it climb one night at the track. :D

Later

Seven

Texas Rancher
07-28-2002, 12:48
PEANUTGRWR,
Would you be willing to PM me and give me some details? I would like to know where you purchased your SPA (online?), how to get in touch with them, and also some detailed instruction on how to use the glue gun & the Dremel on the install. Any help from anyone, for that matter, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DMAXDiva
07-28-2002, 19:58
Hey there, Rancher!

I'm originally from Lubbock, and recently sold some family land holdings in Parmer county (Bovina)and Ft. Sumner, New Mexico, so I'm up there quite a bit. I see you're a rancher too...we have a commercial cow/calf operation outside of Livingston in East Texas.

I had my gauges installed at Diesel Injection Svcs in Lubbock; they are a top-notch operation if you ever need any work done.

Welcome to the forum!

PEANUTGRWR
07-28-2002, 20:58
TEXAS RANCHER EMAIL ME AT PEANUTGRWR@AOL.COM IF YOU WOULD PLEASE