PDA

View Full Version : PERRY, CALVIN 60, JOHNC ARE YOU OUT THERE

aj neireiter
07-16-2004, 15:14
I was researching cold stalls and came across your names. What ever became of your problems? Mine is doing the same thing.

Phil Holmen
07-16-2004, 21:21
Have you read this yet??? Improving Cold weather Starts (http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/features/toddm.htm)

Perry
07-17-2004, 18:28
My cold stall problems seem to have gone away after I had the lift pump replaced. I guess it was just barely working, and luckily decided to quit during a diagnostic session at the local diesel shop.

It would have been cheaper if it had died at my Chevy dealer as my rig is under extended warranty, but those guys don't know how to properly diagnose diesel problems.

aj neireiter
07-17-2004, 20:26
phil: right now it is 70 degrees in the morning. cold weather not really a problem, (ment more on the line of the truck had not been driven all day)cold. Great bit of advice, will work on that part in the fall.

perry: thanks for the advice, didn't think anything about it befor, but the ...wait to start... light will come on for about 6 sec and go out and back on for 6 sec then back out. does it about 4 times when i first start the truck up. all 4 times you can hear the relay click on and after 6 sec click off.started out doing it once or twice and has gotten worse.I guess that I have just gotten use to it. Could that have something to do with it??? Possible a bad ground??? I will get the lp checked out.

Barry Nave
07-18-2004, 02:42
AJ
I'm in Huntington. See if we can get together.
Been a member for 4 yrs.
Had my truck for 6 yrs now.
Have gone through about every system that one could on our 6.5.
bdnave@comcast.net

aj neireiter
07-18-2004, 07:45
Bnave95: sounds great. will email you tonight. Thanks.

JohnC
07-20-2004, 07:14
My problem was very infrequent. It has gone away, as far as I can tell. Somewhere along the way I replaced the lift pump. Not sure if that could have been the cure or not.