PDA

View Full Version : Low Coolant

JODY STUBBS
02-11-2003, 20:16
I have a 2002 Four Door Dually that was burning coolant. I took it in last week and they replaced the injector cup on #2. Drove it 1000 miles and it burned more than before. Back to the shop and now #2 and #8. They are going to replace the head. Anybody have this same or similar experience. Oh one more thing even thought it was using coolant it was still blowing powerjokes off the road with a 31 ft. Bloomer 4 horse trailer. Edge lever #2!

[ 02-11-2003: Message edited by: JODY STUBBS ]</p>

FirstDiesel
02-12-2003, 05:30
If you do a search here on that subject you will find a few posts. Maverick was having that problem. His bottom line was head gaskets.

George Gozelski
02-12-2003, 06:08
Jody, I had the same problem as you, but mine was fixed the first time correctly. If your dealer want to replace the heads more power to them! Most likely the problem is with the gaskets and not with the head itself!

chuntag95
02-12-2003, 09:08
I had leaks around the seals in 2, 3 and 4. They fixed it the first time. No head was needed. 2 and 8 are on opposite sides. Are they testing for coolant in the cylinders?

Alli-max
02-12-2003, 10:23
same problem here. Chevy dealer in McKINNEY TEXAS replaced to water pump for $600. Still leaking! Funny thing though, I just made that drive to NC (~2300 round trip) and coolant didnt go low at all. Get back to the house and unhook the trailer, 3 days later LOW COOLANT. :mad:

MaxRock
02-12-2003, 11:33
Ali-Max, How did the mechanics at Eldorado Chevy treat you? Do you think they are capable? Next time you are in the North Dallas area give me a call.

MaxRock

chuntag95
02-12-2003, 11:58
Maxrock,

If you think it is an injector seal issue, you can try Steakly as they did mine and fixed it the first time. Ask for Jason in the service department. I know they have the special tool since they had to wait a week to get it in to fix mine. :rolleyes: I bought my truck at El Dorado but it's too far to bring it for service. I wasn't impressed when I talked to them when I bought the truck either. Just my 0.02. :D

MaxRock
02-12-2003, 16:20
chuntag95 (Chris),

Fortunately, 40k miles and no problems. I was just asking about Eldorado. I bought from Tedford Chevrolet in Farmersville. Their service department is great. Straight shoots, no BS. Just curious of what others thought about Eldorado. I was never impressed with their service.

MaxRock