PDA

View Full Version : Going up North where it's cold

MaxACL
02-11-2003, 16:40
I

Jelisfc
02-11-2003, 17:21
Just make sure you don't get in the cold with a full tank'o #2. Get north and fuel up with blended and you'll be OK. Truckers will get caught topping off then drive north into severe cold.

The grill cover is nice but not mandatory.

Oh and for gosh sakes bring an extension cord for the block heater smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

rtquig
02-11-2003, 17:38
Just got back from New Hampshire. At night it was usually around 0/F. Not too bad, if you use a good fuel additive you shouldn't have much problems. The grill cover would really help. I used the top, but not the bottom piece and the trans stayed cooler than normal, but still no problems. Get an extension cord and plug in at night and you will be good to go in the A:M.

Mark A
02-11-2003, 18:13
Just got back from snowmobiling up in Michigan in the upper penninsula and it was -24 the morning we were leaving and had no problems. The motor sounded like the rods were gonna fly out the sides of the block for the first 20 minutes of running though.

Mark

dmaxster
02-11-2003, 20:40
YUP ....WE WERE IN MIDDLE WISCONSIN THIS WEEKEND.....ON FRIDAY MORNING IT WAS -20* OUT AND NOT HAVING HAD THE TRUCK PLUGGED IN I WAS WONDERING HOW IT WOULD START :D ......WELL LIKE MARKA SAID....IT WAS LOUD AND IT CLANKED FOR AWHILE redface.gif ....BUT SHE STARTED.......I WAS SO HAPPY... :D BUT ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GOOD TEST FOR THE REALLY COLD OVERNIGHT....WELL NO MORE WORRIES ON WETHER OR NOT IT WILL START...CUS IT WILL...........! :D :cool: :cool: :cool: DMAXSTER

Pizza Man
02-13-2003, 17:58
Buy fuel in the north...its treated for the cold.....I was just up at Moose head Lake in Maine
and one morning when I started it was 15 below zero F. No probs...no bra...no plugin