PDA

View Full Version : 4x4man Question?

All-tuned-up
02-11-2003, 08:36
Noticed on your photos you installed a prodigy and the fuse, well, I tried the other night and failed miserably. I picked up a Tekonsha wire harness ('03 Chev) and hooked up an older model Tekonsha, 9055 Sentinel, nothing, I also did install a 30 amp fuse where you installed a 40. Oh, by the way, I paid $6.00 for my 30, can you send me some from your Napa, mine likes to hose people obviously. Anyway, will your brake control work w/0 the headlights on? I think I might have smoked my controller. The harness from Tekonsha has the following wiring positions (looking at the plug, latch on top: Red is on left side top, white is on lower left corner, the blue is on top right, black is in the middle on right column. Called dealer yesteday, they show the wiring to be in the four corners with the two in middle open. I'm really confused now? With a wire tester I found the red (brake pedal activation) to be wired correctly in the upper left. I also found the positive 12v to be located in the middle on left column in middle, GM says it's in lower right? Any ideas, are you totally confused and think I'm delerious?

Any suggestions would be great, I need to tow the 42' this weekend, pulled it 180 miles last Friday night, NO BRAKES!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thank God for the Tow Haul mode!

4x4man
02-11-2003, 10:10
The 40 amp fuse I installed in my pics is for the 12volt supply to the plugs. If you need some 40amps fuses, just give me an address...I'll send you some. Now for the brake controller to work, you need to make sure there is a 30 amp fuse in the STUD 2 location. This is the fuse that powers the brake controller. That could be the problem as to why your brake controllers are dead. Make sure that this fuse is installed and that it is not blown so you are not troubleshooting in the wrong direction.

My brake controller works both with the lights on and without the lights on. And only applies the trailer brakes when I hit the brake pedal on the truck or manually apply them via the manual control.

My plug looks as follows:
Pin C- Dark Blue --- Pin D- Light Blue
Pin B- Red --- Pin E- No wire plugged in
Pin A- Brown --- Pin F- Black

In hind sight I should have looked to see what each wire from the GM factory harness connected to the harness from the prodigy. Let me know if you want that and I will go back out to the parking lot and take another look. Besides it gives me an excuse to get out of this padded cell they call a cubical... :D

I think I answered all your questions...if I missed one let me know and I answer it. Also, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help out.

Bob

[ 02-11-2003: Message edited by: 4x4man ]</p>

mdrag
02-11-2003, 10:39
Topic moved to accessories forum.

mdrag