PDA

View Full Version : Fumoto Drain Valve & Off-Road Question

DucksnDiesel
02-10-2003, 21:39
I want to put a Fumoto drain valve on the truck but need to know if the standard valve is long enough to clear the skid plate (or will it still make a big mess). I am concerned the model with the nipple would be too long and pose a problem when off-road (which is quite often).

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kennedy
02-10-2003, 23:04
The nipple will not pose a problem in off road situations as it is at least 2" higher than the skid plate.

NWDmax
02-11-2003, 02:39
Got nipple and no clearance problem.Throw a tube on when you drain and no mess.
Blake :eek:

ram/tx
02-11-2003, 07:18
I took a 1/4 inch npt die and threaded the nipple on mine and then put a npt screw cap on it and it works great. If for some reason the little value gets turned on because of hitting something in the road or off road the cap keeps the oil in. The hose will still slip over the threaded nipple and works with no mess.

MountainMax
02-11-2003, 08:33
Yes it has clearance. To knock it open, you would have to move the lever (which is spring loaded) up first and then rotate it open. I've run mine offroad without worry. See signature

Joe P
02-11-2003, 20:23
Ive taken my truck on the beach alot (fish down the Jersey Shore) never had a problem. Even changeing the oil(without tube) not a mess at all.