PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Party Warranty Service

MNR
02-10-2003, 13:16
I'm at the point where I need to decide on which extended warranty to go for. I'd rather use Warranty Gold due to the 5year/150000miles, but I'm concerned about the approval process for repairs.

GM Majorguard will be no trouble at all, but they only go to 100000miles with various years.

For those who have used Warranty Gold, will the approval process be a problem, particularly when on the road?

Thanks,
Paul

cbrock
02-10-2003, 19:44
Absolutely DO NOT go with the 3rd party warranty. On my previous truck I did. I got one called Warranty Wizard. I got it at 35k miles, just before the factory one was up. I got a 7yr/100,000 mile warranty with no deductible. Well, I used it once to repair a window motor that went bad and that was it. I had gone in to my mechanic for several things and the warranty company would not cover it, not even for inspection. I had problems with my rear differential and front differential and they said NO to both inspections, repairs, etc. They are awful to deal with. I spent $1400 and only utilized $180 of it. I will be trying to get them to refund the difference to me soon since they denied me on so many things. Stick to factory or dealer warranties.

mdrag
02-10-2003, 23:21
Moved to Accessories forum.

mdrag