PDA

View Full Version : Whats this on my cement Drive way

yak ears
02-10-2003, 10:34
I have what looks like raw Diesel fuel on my drive way at the exhaust pipe tail,Black marks not puddles, My truck a 2002 has 10,000 miles at this time, I live in So. Cal so temps are mild. Is this normal or do I have a problem. As always thakns for the help.

Mike

hoot
02-10-2003, 10:53
Best case scenario is it's simply moisture dripping from the inside of the tailpipe.

How is your mileage. If it's exceptionally low, you may have a problem. Is it running ok? Any blue smoke indicating unburnt fuel?

Do you park with the front of the truck on an incline?

[ 02-10-2003: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

oyazi
02-10-2003, 11:14
I'm w/Hoot on this'un. Hmm,So CA? good chance yours is a calimax (w/cat) which means even more moisture.

chuntag95
02-10-2003, 13:26
When my injector cup seals were leaking, I saw some black water come out the tail pipe. Check your coolant level. It you have lost some, get it checked out.

KenZ
02-10-2003, 15:17
Well Yak ears,

I just had to ask. How did you get that name? I just started raising Yak. Yak ears are not that big. Kind of hidden behind the horns.

Just curious.

I would think the dripping might be moisture like Hoot said.

Ken

MadDuraMax
02-10-2003, 15:21
I with Hoot & Oyazi. Sounds like condensation picking up soot from the exhaust and dripping out.

If it washes off of the driveway easily, you can bet that all it is. If it has soaked into the concrete or is pasty, then it could have an oil carrying it and be a sign of a larger problem.

Mark

yak ears
02-10-2003, 19:16
Thanks for all the help! Spots will not wash off drive way and mileage is not good, Looks like a tripe to the GMC stealer. Ken As to Yak Ears, I have a Welsh Pembroke Corgi (dog) when she was a pup she was always yaking something up, Corgis have very large ears that stand straight up, So we started calling her Yak Ears, How this got hung on me is still a mystery, But there you have the answer. thanks again for the quick replys.

Mike