PDA

View Full Version : strange vibration on heavy acceleration

DIESELTOOL
02-10-2003, 08:50
Has anybody experienced a strange vibration or shudder at about 15 to 19 mph and 36 to 42 mph under very heavy acceleration? I changed the flatstones at 18,000 and it did not change. The dealer has just sent me on my way telling me that I am too meticulous. Any response would be appreciated

thanks

crewcab short bed, not 4/wheel drive

Hot juice and Banks exhaust

Seattle Steve
02-10-2003, 22:43
Do a search on "launch shudder", it sounds like that's what you're experiencing. Good luck!

DmaxMaverick
02-10-2003, 23:43
Could be de-fueling prior to shifts. The engine will make a little more "rattle" noise. Engine/ambient temp. and load can vary it from barely noticable to "WTF was that"???

Colorado Kid
02-11-2003, 08:05
It does sound like launch shudder, unfortunately the fix, a single section driveshaft that looks like an aluminum power pole and does away with the midship bearing, is not available for those of us without tranfer cases.

I've only noticed it once with my truck...see my signature and then guess when it happened. :D

DIESELTOOL
02-11-2003, 16:25
THANKS FOR THE INPUT, THIS IS WHAT I HAD FIGURED, BUT IS SO NOTICEABLE WHEN I GET CLOSE TOO EMPTY, MAYBE POUR HALF OF A YARD OF CONCRETE IN THE BACK AND FORGET ABOUT IT. THANKS AGAIN

DIESELTOOL