PDA

View Full Version : 2003 High Idle( same instal as 01/02)???

thechevyhdman
02-09-2003, 23:45
Now that I finally did the High Idle in my truck (along with Mackin's helping hand) My brother wants me to install the high idle in his 03'. Before I tackle it for him I just want to double check that it is the same install(as of JK's instructions) from the 01/ 02 years and 03' models.
P.S. Can the Tech II program different rpm levels for my 02( I only have the 1250 rpm and like 1650 rpm) The 1250 seems a touch high for my pleasure at idle, and the higher setting is even more worthless. TIA Bill

Toddster
02-10-2003, 08:04
Hey Punk ! :D First off you are not qualified to work on your own truck never mind someone elses 03 ! :eek: Secondly, good luck getting an answer on an 03 'round here ! ;) Ok Willard look, Do your brothers, if it works I will bring mine down for the "HI" treatment.... :cool: P.S. Who got SMOKED with 2 laps to go on Saterday night ? Hmmmm, must have seen me sitting in the stands with Brooke ! tongue.gif

mdrag
02-10-2003, 09:12
thechevyhdman,

I recently reviewed the schematic for the 2003 Dmax equipped trucks, and it showed that the HI install should be the same as the 2001/2002...so the instructions on JK's web site should work for 2003. Let us know how it goes.

ON EDIT: You should be able to reprogram the HI speeds with the Tech2, just be careful - one of the settings (MAX Engine speed or similar) defaults to 6K+ RPM when you first go into the menu - make sure you reset it to something lower - I have mine at 2200 RPM.

[ 02-10-2003: Message edited by: mdrag ]</p>

thechevyhdman
02-10-2003, 11:18
Thanks a million Mdrag, I will let you all know as of thursday or friday how the install goes. And Toddster.........Lets wait till this Sunday before you start on your #20 anger managment canidate rhetoric. Maybe behind the wheel of Chevy he act like more of a man. Of course I can see why your a Stewart fan....your both wisea$$es. :eek: :eek: . Just kidding. Your GMC will be welcomed with no problem in my garage as long as theres a 12 pack on the passenger seat(Budweiser please :D tongue.gif ) Actually in retrospect, I dont think Home Depot could have a better representative of their workers attitude in the store and on the track. tongue.gif

Toddster
02-10-2003, 13:45
LMFAO ! You da man William ! Can't wait to meet up again to give you moe $hit....And thank you Dragster, we can always count on you for the "hi tech" answers ! :cool: