PDA

View Full Version : Hot Juice confirmation

germ1
02-08-2003, 10:08
Hi guys

I just plugged in my Hot Juice and wanted power level confirmation. I followed the procedure and I only got (2) revs. I checked all the connections and everything appears to be secure. I noticed that when I plugged in the lower connector it was very tight and a bit difficult to line up. Could this be the problem? What suggestions do you have?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kennedy
02-08-2003, 10:15
The default levels are:

T/H = 1
Normal = 2

If you want 4, you'll have to set it there...

germ1
02-08-2003, 10:34
Hi John

I did set it to level #4. I turned the key on, put the transmission selector to drive and pushed the accelerator to the floor twice. Should I have confirmation of level?

Thanks Mike

Kennedy
02-08-2003, 10:37
Cycle the T/H button...

GMC-2002-Dmax
02-08-2003, 11:05
germ1,

You need to depress the accelerator pedal 3 times to set the level.

This is what I do.

1) Set the e-brake
2) Turn on key - engine off - and wait for all lights to go out, glow plugs etc.
3) Put gear selector in 1-2-3 or D
4) Press pedal 3 times to floor - remove floor mat if necessary
5) Switch to T/H mode - repeat steps 3 and 4
6) Put in park - DO NOT TURN KEY OFF -and start truck.
7) Select Normal and cycle to D and then to Park, then go P-R-N-R-P you should get the correct confirmation and then repeat for T/H.

NOTE: I have noticed that if you do not go to a gear first and then try to get a confirm then sometimes it does not confirm the new level, although I suspect it does change.

I found this out by accident when trying to set mine, but not getting a confirmation of a different level.
I did not get a confirm to a higher level but I then went out for a drive and after I got to my destination I checked it again by going P-R-N-R-P and the level did take on both :confused:

Mine works flawlessly now that I use that sequence.

Give it a try

GMC :D

[ 02-08-2003: Message edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax ]</p>

germ1
02-08-2003, 15:44
I got it right Yahooooo!!

Idle_Chatter
02-09-2003, 10:24
Got mine straightened out this morning! :D I had previously worked unsuccessfully cold in the garage. This morning, I got caught at what I know is a long light, so I figured "what the heck!" Into park, off with the engine, parkbrake on, key on, select "D" and tapdance the go-pedal. Back to park and fire her up. Off with the parkbrake and I was just going to do confirmation when *DOAH!* the light's green! (Funny how they last ~FOREVER~ if you're not trying to do something! :rolleyes: ) I slap it into drive and, whoa!, she's in level 4 allright! I can tell instantly from the EGT gauge and throttle response. I did confirmation when I pulled into work and got four nice little raps of the throttle. So, I figure since I'm on a roll, I'll set tow/haul to level 2 before I leave the truck. Badda-Bing-Badda Boom, I'm in Level 4 normal and Level 2 tow/haul! I think doing it with the engine up to temperature seemed to help! tongue.gif