PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Interior Noise vs. Older DA's

roegs
02-08-2003, 07:50
I've heard from a few other DA owners that the '03 DA trucks are nosier inside than earlier years. I know GM skimped on a few things for '03, but its hard to believe they would cut back in this area. Has anyone had a chance to compare under the hood insulation between and '03 and earlier truck?

FisHn2DMax
02-08-2003, 11:25
It's also my perception that the 03 interior engine noise is higher. I drove my brothers 02 D/A/ back from ICE fishing last weekend in the mountains. He has the exact same truck and tires as mine. I jumped back into my new 03 when we returned, WOW, I noticed it right away. The 03 engine / road noise seemed much higher (even after warm up) than on the 02?

I think something has changed in the 03! :D

king D
02-08-2003, 12:20
i noticed more highger speed air nose by the door seals on my 2003 Quadcad than my brothers 2002

turbowind
02-08-2003, 14:07
Hi Guys !
I was just marvelling at how much quieter my 2003 CC was...I thought my 2001 EC was quiet, but this CC is very quiet and smoooooth....perhaps this varies truck to truck and I was lucky enought to get a good one !! Oh, did I forget to tell you...I love this truck !!! smile.gif

svpdiesel
02-08-2003, 14:27
My 03 is lot quieter than my 00 was on the highway, and the 00 was a 6.0 gasser. I also find the new seats to be a huge improvement. Also the seat heaters. Also the steering wheel controls. Also the stereo. Also the climate control. Also the...uh, heck, the whole truck is vastly improved! Except maybe the front end, but then again, I don't see it from behind the wheel...

Holeshot
02-09-2003, 02:56
My 03 is wayyyyyy quieter than my 01, now to take care of the rest im gonna dynamat everything. Including spraying the firewall with several coats of sound deadner. My recomendation is to remove the seats, center council, and the carpet. Lay down 1 good layer of dynamat(orsimular product). Remove the door pannels and that cheap plastic. spraymat your outer door skins and firewall. As long as you have the door pannels off replace the cheezy factory speakers, dynamat the rest of the door put the plastic back on (believe it or not duck tape wooks well for this)and put your truck back togehther. Now here is the best part you can replace those chevy emblems with benz ones cus thats how quiet your truck will be. Seriously it will make the truck so quiet youll wonder if its running, most of your engine noise comes through the firewall. and make sure any holes or cutting of the facrory boot to run wires or gauges through are well sealed. I use a 3m proudt called strip caulk, it stays pliable in all weather and you can still run wires through it and re conform it to the new wire.

Hope this helps some
Tony

Man is this thing a truck???? LOL