PDA

View Full Version : parked dmax for the winter

?DURAMAX
11-01-2002, 08:29
I am parking my dmax for the winter. Can I get some advice or input on what I should do, or any type of winterizing I should do. Thanks

Oongawah
11-01-2002, 09:31
Bring it to Cali, I'll keep it warm for you(LOL).

I bought mine for the winter especially(poor road conditions-ie. Ice,Snow). If you have factory coolant you shouldn't have to worry about that. Make sure the windshield washer fluid is winter proof, and get the wheels off the ground. I think that's it. I'm sure there will be some other suggestions. Keep warm, Chuck.

Oongawah
11-01-2002, 09:32
Oh yeah, I forgot about using a fuel conditioner. There will be some good suggestions to follow on that I'm sure.

Chris N5CWM
11-01-2002, 11:08
Get a Battery Tender trickle charger. I use one
on my boat during the winter. Still have the same
battery in it that it came with in 1999! smile.gif

Big O
11-01-2002, 15:56
:D :D Send it down South to La.--It is HUNTING SEASON and the MUD IS DEEP!! :D :D

[ 11-01-2002: Message edited by: Big O ]</p>

mackin
11-01-2002, 17:13
WA WA WA WHAT ???????

Rent a heated garage....... :D

MAC

Wally
11-01-2002, 18:45
You might want to purchase a timer and plug the block heater in to it. Set it to run for 3 hours every morning just after sunrise. This will eliminate or greatly reduce condensation problems if it is gonna be stored in an unheated area.
Also put a few mothballs in the airbox to keep the mice from nesting in it. They seem to love airboxes and will chew up the element for nesting material.

Colorado Kid
11-01-2002, 19:41
Add a biocide to the fuel our you'll have a tankful of algea come spring time.

I can't imagine putting my truck away for the winter.

If you want I''ll come and get it from you and my wife will keep it well exercised all winter...after all, her only objection to driving mine is the 6 speed, and she seems to be getting over that (UH OH!).