PDA

View Full Version : New truck checklist

azhuntnut
06-06-2005, 18:42
Well I finally pulled the trigger and traded in my 6.0 crewcab and bought a Duramax crewcab. I will be picking up the truck on wed. and was wondering if there is anything I should look for on the delivery? I know the dodge has the vibration issues, but I haven't heard of any types of things like this to watchout for on the GMC crewcab k2500hd D/A SLT, 4x4. I was supposed to take one home on Saturday, but the lot attendant wrecked it when he was bringing up to the front of the building. :( Thanks, David

Kennedy
06-07-2005, 04:45
They've been pretty darn good in my experience. I've heard a few comments about rear diff levels low, but the spec is 10mm below the fill port IIRC.

madmatt
06-07-2005, 08:08
it's actually about 1.4" below or 3.1qts.

Jim Brzozowski
06-07-2005, 08:18
Congrads, Azhuntnut, your gonna like it. My biggest complaint was they should have painted underneath. There were several areas that were unpainted. I made them fix one paint spot under one of the fenders, but for the rest I just put it up on the lift and grabbed a spray can of black and did my thing. Hey do they still have large mule deere to hunt in Az?

azhuntnut
06-07-2005, 08:35
Thanks guys for the advice. I will check the rearend right away. SoTxPollock, most of the big mule deer are up north on the kaibab plateau and you can find some nice ones in some of the southern units if you hike in a ways. I like to chase the coues whitetail around and especially like bow hunting the huge elk. David

Kennedy
06-07-2005, 08:57
Originally posted by madmatt:
it's actually about 1.4" below or 3.1qts. Ooops, I put almost 4 in mine...

Anyhoo, I've heard complaints about it being delivered low and these apparently are unfounded.

jbplock
06-07-2005, 13:25
Originally posted by kennedy:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by madmatt:
it's actually about 1.4" below or 3.1qts. Ooops, I put almost 4 in mine...
</font>[/QUOTE]IIRC, the spec was changed on the 04's (and up) ... I just looked up my 03 on AlldataDIY.com and they specify 3.83 qts..

smile.gif