PDA

View Full Version : check engine light

carl
06-05-2005, 06:40
I have had this problem twice now, the truck is a 2004 3500 crewcab 2wd 8ft. box lly. The first time I fueled the truck and drove to a campground, 80 miles, set up did some short driving trips and the next morning when I started the truck the check engine light was on and it was rattling real bad, no power and the fuel gauge was on empty. called onstar and they ran a dionostic and it showed p0201, p0204, p0206,p0207, and p2146. Had it towed to a dealer and they said I had gas mixed in with the fuel. They drained the tank flushed out the lines changed the fuel filter, and said they didn't know why the fuel gauge read empty so off I went. Five thousand miles later it does the same thing, the same codes kick up, have it towed to a dealer and when it gets there it runs fine no check engine light, dealer said no codes set, onstar said same codes were set. Dealer said wires were rubbing on alt bracket and repaired them. When I got home I unwraped the taped wires to see how they repaired them and guess what they wern't rubbed thru to bare wires. Any help you folks could give me would be greatly appreciated. I love the truck but don't want to get stuck in the mountains pulling my fifth wheel. Thanks

mark45678
06-05-2005, 16:08
Gas in the fuel is really easy to smell! If you did do that chances are you would have had to pay to fix it ??? cant say for sure ! My lly had a shorted injector around 10K , at that time it was only running on 4 out of the 8 ! picture a coffee can with a marble in it..... LOUD ! I would ask around to see if theres a dealer with a good diesel tec , sometimes having the right person work on it is all you need! :rolleyes: