PDA

View Full Version : Shop Manuals

Dougm
06-02-2005, 17:34
Hi;
Does anybody know where I can buy shop manuals for my 2004 GMC Duramax, LLY engine.

JD Diesel
06-02-2005, 17:47
I got my shop manuals for my 99 sub from the company that makes them for the dealers. If I remember right I think it should be in the back of your owners manual that came with your truck. :D :cool:

Sliderhd
06-02-2005, 18:08
You can find the OEM manuals at www.helminc.com. (http://www.helminc.com.) These are the same shop manuals the dealer uses. I bought these for mine and received 5 books the size of Atlanta phone books. The only problem is that you have to purchase the Allison manual seperate.

JD Diesel
06-02-2005, 19:21
yeah yeah thats the place just could not remmber. Must've had a brain fart. don't ya know. :D

madmatt
06-03-2005, 13:50
If your going to get serious about doing your own work, I'd look into a subscription to an online service such as ALLDATA. The paper manuals are good but some info is usually obsolete after like a week. GM regularly release Service manual updates on Dealerworld. For any major repair or specs, before I'd trust a manual alone, I'd visit a dealer and check your info.