PDA

View Full Version : Adding to the fleet

Dieselboy
05-29-2005, 08:03
My family now owns and represents all three (credible) generations of GM diesels.

The newest addition is a 2003 2500HD D/A.

It's going to be fun playing with this one; squeezing every foot-pound out of it that the warranty will allow.

On that note, what are some of the better value upgrades out there?

matt-max
05-31-2005, 17:12
basic juice module is tough to beat, as is the new edge ez, i imagine.

changing the exhaust doesn't make much difference on the LB7, but does drop the egt a bit. adding an intake system will reduce lag time but that's about it.

juice with attitude includes gauges and works great, especially if you change tire sizes and want to know what your real mph is.

bilstein shocks are a must-do in my book, as are a bit larger tires and wheels. we put on the 17x8.5 hummer h2 rims and michelin 265-17 takeoffs from new dodges via ebay, usually runs about $450-600 complete depending upon how the auctions are going at the time.

timbrens are a great add-on too, especially if you will be towing heavy or plowing.

kennedy's headlight harness is nice if you drive a lot at night.

and so on and so on.....

enjoy it!

matt

Jim Brzozowski
06-01-2005, 08:39
OK mat, I'll bite. What are timbrens?

matt-max
06-01-2005, 09:41
they are replacement for the factory bump stops or snubbers in your suspension. we use them up front to take the strain off and reduce the sag for snow plow use. we also use them on the back of the dumptrucks and flatbeds to keep the rear from squatting so bad. they call them ses for susension enhancement systems i think. i had them on the rear of my personal work pickup briefly but found that with every bump the 'kickback' of the more solid rubber 'springs' i could feel my spine compress a bit more.....but they work great for hauling heavy loads!

here's their link:
http://www.timbren.com/

Dieselboy
06-03-2005, 16:03
I hear you on the tires! These Bridgestone-Whatevers have got to go, so I think that a set of 285/75 BFG ATs are coming up.