PDA

View Full Version : Spa gauge question

huntindog
05-25-2003, 16:20
A few days ago I tried to erase my stored maximums. I didn't have the book with me and tried it from memory. My memory isn't what it used to be, and I had to do it when I got the book.
Acouple of days later the temp was reading 33.6 or 33.7. I restarted the truck a few times and all returned to normal. Yesterday on a 300 mile trip the temp would be OK for a while, and then go to 33.6 or 33.7.
You guessed it the book was at home again.
I tried going through thru menu options and managed to get it to read 33 when it was acting up.
When I got home I went through all the options with the book open, and all seems well today.(To work and back, only 7 miles.) Except the boost gauge now has no decimal point. I can live with that, but I'm not sure if I messed up the programming, or if the gauge has a problem.
Is the 33# some sort of error code?

[ 05-25-2003: Message edited by: huntindog ]</p>

huntindog
05-25-2003, 20:53
Well I just got back from a drive, and it's still acting up.
Got out the book again and managed to get the decimal point back on the boost gauge.
I still can't figure the EGT gauge. Sometimes it's fine and others it reads 33 or now sometimes 32. Then it goes back to normal.
I'm wondering about a possible bad ground on the thermocouple. I wrapped the threads with teflon tape when I installed it. Was this a bad idea?
It's worked fine for a couple of months, and it's still tight in the manifold.

Bulldogger
05-26-2003, 08:18
Huntingdog check the rubber boot connection under the hood where the probe plugs into the small square box. Dave

Kennedy
05-26-2003, 20:20
It's not the ground as they use an ungrounded thermocouple. Look for shorts to ground or poor connections.