PDA

View Full Version : Maxed 4 Wheel Steer ?

Burner
05-25-2003, 00:16
How many folks have seen this? What do you think? Would you trust it on a heavy pull or for "long-time" pulling? What kind of problems would you look for? More stuff to break usually means more money to fix! However, it is a neat concept that has good practicality.

Burner-----> :D

--- I wonder what would happen to the alignment when the truck gets "slammed" into a slippery rut.
:rolleyes:

dmaxalliTech
05-25-2003, 09:12
Richard, Can you imagine the price tag on a rig like that?? The AWS Denali pickup are going for 47k window sticker, its just an AWS/AWD pickup with 6.0!!.. The axle used in the AWS is quite heavy duty compared to normal half toners. It uses a rack and pinion with an electric motor to handle the steering, of course it also comes with its array of modules, wiring and sensors needed to translate and task everything. I forsee the weak point of it being, its lack of size compared to out 11.5" setup, the cv joint set up. I think if they beefed it up a little, it would be a welcome addition. They are now putting it in subs and Yukons. I am sure AWS will easily put loaded dmax over the 50k mark

sdaver
05-26-2003, 20:01
makes me think about a 1400 hp monster truck doing donuts.........or maybe a juiced dmax........haaaa.... :D :D :D dave

Burner
05-26-2003, 21:26
I've seen the 4-steer Max..... :( must wait. I don't think that Mag Tech will have a cover plate out for those anytime soon. tongue.gif They really should have mounted the whole system up higher. It looks fine and will work well for most conditions. However, I would be quite skeptical of it working after going off-road. I don't see protection of the system nor a failsafe physical mode or means. Ease of maneuvering it is, rough terrain it is not. :rolleyes: Just my .02 worth.....

Burner------> ;) :D

Mark Bajus
05-27-2003, 10:05
Is the 4 wheel steer Dmax a concept at this stage or is it confirmed for production?