PDA

View Full Version : 03' Gauge Power Sources

tophog
05-24-2003, 09:38
Had an 02 with the "Illum" fuse for lighting ... have new 03 with newly installed gauges ... fuse panel is completely different ... no "Illum" or other lighting pwr source.

Where are you 03 owners using as a power source for gauge lighting?

lbrown
05-24-2003, 13:30
TopHog,
Installed mine last week. I too couldnt find a good place to pull from using the fuse panel inside. I wound up pulling my power wires for illum. through the firewall with the boost tube and the thermo lead. Found a couple of places to pull power from in the fuse box under the hood. I used the R and L parking lights for a power source. This way the guage lights are also an indicator if you have a tail light out.Ha. Couldnt find one marked Illum., so I dont have dimmer ability, but how many times do you dim your interior lights anyway.....LB

Bulldogger
05-24-2003, 13:48
Tophog, if you want power with the key on you can tap off the brown wire in the back of the climate control used this for my spa digital guage. For constant hot on my air bag suspension auto compressor I tapped off the cigarette lighter. Dave

tophog
05-24-2003, 14:58
I ended up pulling the dash panel off and popping out the lighting control module and with a test light found the wire (brown/white) that works off the brightness wheel. Spliced into that wire and now the gauges dim with the dash lights using the thumbwheel control. Was actually a lot easier then I expected but a fuse tap would have been easier like the 01-02's have.