PDA

View Full Version : question! Please give me the correct answer!!!!!!

James S
05-24-2003, 08:34
Hey There,

I have just had a horrible realization! I am driving my truck reasonably hard, but not abusing it either. However, I will probably not be doing much towing. Sorry let me clarify. I will be towing lots but a load of about fourty-five hundred pounds maybe five-thousand. [my nineteen foot searay boat] Am I hurting my engine by just towing that small amount?????? If I use this truck for my woodworking and transportation vehicle am I doing harm to the engine? My load in the bed varies from day to day. The canopy and two wheel well tool boxes are maybe three-hundred pounds maximum. Other than that constant, I can have nothing in the bed for weeks at a time, and then one day, haul a lift of melamine to a job site for a kitchen for example. Typically, I keep my tools in the cab with me, so the box can be empty except for the tool boxes, with hand tools, and fasteners [staple and nail clips, screws, glues, contact cement, etc], so am I hurting the engine or can I keep enjoying the truck. I replace the filters regularily, change the oil. I use Delvack 1300, I think, I cann't remember, and Stanadyne Performance, fuel treatment at every fill up. I don't think I am doing anything wrong, but if so, let me know. I also have Bilstein shocks on all for corners, and replaced the muffler only, with a Dynomax Altra-Flow welded stainless steel one. Nice sound, authoritative, but not annoying in the cab, or to people I pass. On top of that, getting as much as twenty-six miles per imperial gallon on the highway, I love this truck. Therefor, I don't want to inadvirtinly hurt it. I wait for the replies.

James

oneton
05-24-2003, 09:13
I wouldn't worry about driving the truck the way you are. Just enjoy the truck and know when you need the power it's there.

sdaver
05-24-2003, 20:47
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: dave

afp
05-24-2003, 21:22
From what I understand, it just takes a but longer to fully break it in if you don't work it. I haven't worked mine at all yet.

What method do you use to check your MPG?

Blaine