PDA

View Full Version : ATS Truck 12.996 in 1/4 Mile

AnTKoch
05-23-2003, 21:03
Though all would like to hear that Clint's Duramax hit 12.996 in the 1/4 mile on Wednesday night at Bandimere Speedway in Denver (6000'). His truck is really getting fast, just 3 weeks ago it was a 13.1. In case you were wondering he has TST Powermax Competition, Level 1 and Level 2 tranny, 20% over stock fuel injectors and compounded turbos. He is racing again tonight I will let you know how it comes out, hope you enjoyed hearing how fast our trucks can go. :D :D :D

Adam

AnTKoch
05-23-2003, 22:29
Apparently another 12.9 tonight and they are going to hit it with nitros later tonight. You can check out the time slip at there site.

http://forums.atsdiesel.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=275

afp
05-24-2003, 12:23
Are those actual ETs or corrected ETs?

Blaine

Kennedy
05-24-2003, 16:36
I wish my transmission would let me make a full power pass through 5th...

sdaver
05-24-2003, 20:32
maybe when clint gets thru racing he can fix your fifth gear................What gives? Its been a few weeks redface.gif dave

AnTKoch
05-24-2003, 22:12
I think they are actual ETs, but not positive, I can find out

Kennedy i heard as soon as the new programming is ready you should be fixed up but Clint says he is real happy with the way his is running right now, I thought you might be up and running good now, but I heard you had a little trouble with Level 2 already. I was hoping to have a couple extra things done on my truck as well but Clint spends 90% of his day on the phone, and they have been extremely busy.

After my last post time is now down to 12.7 1/4 mile with nitrous, seems to continue to get even faster :D

Kennedy
05-25-2003, 07:53
Nothing yet, and less than 20 days till the Rendezvous. I cannot use any level of power going into 5th gear. If the controller is boosting the trans it will bang extremly hard as it appears to be getting the clutches tied up. SteveO could even HEAR the shift when I had him on the phone! It seems to be applying 5th before 4th is released which has sort of a trans brake effect. :( Once applied into 5th, if I am in T/H, the Juice does not seem to get the signal it needs to turn on fully OR it is slipping and allowing less power than stage 1 as it just will not make EGT or boost in 5th gear. Apply into Reverse makes the whole truck jump. The 3-2 and particularly 2-1 downshift frequently have an annoying "bump" as you come to a stop.

I also need to re-splice the VSSB wire as I set codes over 95mph. I've got a Diablo to do the speed stuff now anyhow.

I took out the spring (the one that was suposedly forgotten in the instructions) from the trim solenoid and that is when the harsh 5th/tie up happened.

I clipped, respliced, and reclipped the white wire from the controller. This is the one that allows the pressure to drop when cruising. With it hooked up I had "bumping" when coming back from coast in OD, and also what appeared to be an apply bump at 8psi when spooling boost at a standstill. Basically it seems as though there wasn't enough pressure to keep the clutches in and when the controller kicked in, it applied them sufficiently to hold.

I also installed a gauge so that I could monitor trans line pressure, but haven't heard back as to whether mine is where it is supposed to be or not.

That said, it looks like I won't have time to do anything major like pulling the trans out prior to the Rendezvous. Unless some miracle fix comes along, I'll either limp it along the way it is, or try putting that spring back in on the trim solenoid. Dunno what I've got left for clutches any more. I've skirted the 4-5 shift as much as I can, but that can be tough to do all of the time. In short, it looks like a new transmission or some clutches is in my future.

Oh well, it's a beautiful day for riding, and the bike is clean and ready to go!

sdaver
05-25-2003, 09:00
starting to look like suncoast to me......at least they are only 4 hours away..........thats a real bummer john...............take it to the event like it is.......It would be some good press for ats..............you might find a solution then :D dave..........60 miles on the bike this morning..........400 on my new revtech 100" and 6 speed :D dave

Kennedy
05-26-2003, 19:45
I've pretty much decided that I'm not doing anything invasive prior to the Rendezvous. If there's something electronic or accessible through the pan, I'll do it...MAYBE.

280 miles on Saturday. Nothing like a nice ride to "lose yourself" and forget about things for a while!