PDA

View Full Version : LLY FUEL GAGE WITH JUICE

rcone197
05-06-2005, 16:58
I INSTALLED EDGE JUICE AND LOST MY FUEL GAGE. DOES THE NEW 1.2 VERSION FIX THIS? I ALSO HAVE THE "COUGH" ON LEVEL 4.

More Power
05-07-2005, 11:36
I'd first make sure no pins were bent on the harness installation, then contact your dealer about a fix if the install was OK.

We installed a then current E/A on a 2005 LLY about 4 months ago. No problems at all.

MP

bobo
05-12-2005, 17:44
1.2 fixes the cough...fuel gauge is from bent or loose pin, not programming.

sq
08-01-2005, 13:05
If I were you I would get rid of the Juice I had one installed on an 02 dmax and it damaged all eight pistons on level one towing 8,000 lbs no high EGT's nothing,their monitor is useless and of course GM has denided warranty that's around $15,000-$20,000 for a new engine installed. Try to get edge to cough up that kind of money they are as bad as GM or course they never have had a problem with the chips.Im not saying that something on the duramax couldn't have failed but try and prove it. Now its in the lawyers hands. So just a warning take it for whatever its worth stay away from edge products.

Kennedy
08-01-2005, 14:14
Originally posted by sq:
If I were you I would get rid of the Juice I had one installed on an 02 dmax and it damaged all eight pistons on level one towing 8,000 lbs no high EGT's nothing,their monitor is useless and of course GM has denided warranty that's around $15,000-$20,000 for a new engine installed. Try to get edge to cough up that kind of money they are as bad as GM or course they never have had a problem with the chips.Im not saying that something on the duramax couldn't have failed but try and prove it. Now its in the lawyers hands. So just a warning take it for whatever its worth stay away from edge products. Highly unlikely that Edge caused this, especially on level 1. We've seen more than enough issues with Edge, but mostly small quirks and never anything near bad enough to damage an engine.

Jim Brzozowski
08-09-2005, 08:36
sq, I don't mean to pry into your situation, but I just can't imagine what one would have to do to damage all 8 pistons, without damaging a whole lot more along the way. Whad'd you do feed the thing rocks? I've siezed pistons, broken rods, broken rocker arms, pushrods, camshafts, timing chains, timing gears, but in a lifetime of mashing the pedal I've never hurt all 8 pistons at once.

sq
08-09-2005, 18:58
Just to let you know SoTxPollock
It just damaged eight pistons actually warped the combustion chamber ontop of the pistons edges and damaged one of the piston edges and of course the cylinder wall.Gm claims modification did this damage.No other damage to the engine noticeable heads seem fine lower bearings good,nothing else broken. The pyro did not even register a high temp.Had been raining on just before this happened dont know if the edge chip ever worked out the problem with the wipers interfering with the chip.Had the injectors checked spray patterns looked good no other visible signs of damage.I dont know what to think it ran good until chip installed.

dakotakid
08-10-2005, 08:43
How many miles did you run with the chip installed? Seems kind of strange that you could do all that damage without showing high egt's - and not wreck anything else in the process...

DmaxMaverick
08-10-2005, 17:12
SQ

I'm with the other guys on this one. I would have to see those pistons before I bought into your dealer's diag. Just doesn't add up. Something else has to be at play with your issue.

If you have a vehicle that had a window crank fall off, they'd blame it on a mod as soon as they found out you had one. Some dealers, not all.

sq
09-05-2005, 10:09
I had around 300km on the truck towing with the chip it had just been installed so it seemed kind of strange all of a sudden this damage occured.But the only damage to the entire engine was piston top combustion chambers.A hot piece of metal must have got inbetween piston and walls and damaged the wall.