PDA

View Full Version : dont want LOUD exhaust

JD Diesel
05-06-2005, 12:21
I am very inerested in the banks monsrt exhuast. any body have one ? is it very loud in the cab. the last exhaust system I bought my wife wanted to shoot me because off how loud it was. did not make trips to enjoyable for me. poeple i bought from said just a little louder than stock boy was that a lie. soo now i am kind of gun shy when they not to loud. any imput is help full. like the banks info so far and they are 30 min from makes it nice. thaks john

Bill Moncrief
05-06-2005, 16:19
Hello
As you can see from sig I have Banks whole setup and am very happy with it. In cab it is basically a nice rumble, when you get into it of course it growls some :D which is real nice at traffic lites and the guy in the Mustang thinks he's all that. The only thing I would say that is alittle annoying is the turbo whine when decelerating but that could also be the Big Head waste gate and like I say it's not bad but I would tell the missus so you can stay out the doghouse. If your that close to Banks they probably have one you can hear :D Oh by the way the exhaust is a very easy install.
TOWER JAKE

MIKE WIENER
05-06-2005, 17:23
Have the banks exaust and brake. It is in a crew cab long bed. I doint know if that puts the muffler father back. But it has a nice sound to it. In the midrange of rpm there is a slight increase in sound and drone. But one extra click on the sound level on the radio and doint know any thing. Call Banks theay sould be willing to take you for a ride. they ofered one to me. Becuse I had the same concerns you are having.
Very nice fit. whent right up there with no hasile.

MIKE

oyazi
05-11-2005, 09:02
I have one w/the newer Banks Monster muffler on my EC SB w/o a complaint. Missus says it may be a lil' louder but not objectionable by no means. Can't say there is a rumble/drone either. Keep in mind that I've a CAT which may muffle sounds a bit also.

For such issue you experience ~ it may be cheaper (not necessarily easier as the banks unit is a simple bolt in) to add a resonator to your existing unit.