PDA

View Full Version : 2005 injector harness malfunction

Dr.Rick
05-03-2005, 13:50
I left for home after work- drove 10-15 blocks and the engine light came on and I lost power. engine rattles like it is on ether. Code was p0206 i think. Said I had a malfunction of the injector electrical harness on number one cylinder. Can't tell what caused it - any thoughts?? truck has 10K miles no towing or hot rodding- did have predator @ 65hp but used it for mileage. stock tune shows same thing.

More Power
05-04-2005, 08:25
P0206 indicates a problem with the injector solenoid circuit for cylinder #6. You should also be seeing DTC P1261.

The most likely cause for this code is a loose injector solenoid terminal. Less likely is a bad wire, electrical connector or the FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module).

The 2001 service manual page 6-2878 through 2881 explains an exhaustive troubleshooting procedure. I'd begin troubleshooting by examining the related FICM wiring for evidence of damage, check for related loose electrical connectors, then pull the valve cover to examine the solenoid terminals.

MP

Dr.Rick
05-04-2005, 12:21
good news- problem was a harness on the passenger side at the front that was held to a bracket. the bracket has rubbed a spot causing the wire harness to short. Dealership said there was a notice on this problem and it caused the entire right bank of cylinders to not function correctly.
dealership was fast took about an hour.
rick