Crew Cab
Short Box
Power Seats
CD
Tow Package
Aluminum Wheels
Platinum in Color

ONLY 24000 certified miles...

Where can I find what rear end ratio is in this truck? Is there a VIN decoder somewhere on line?

Online (KBB/NADA/MSN/Edmunds) put it at +/- $28K trade in, +/- $32K retail.

With this kind of truck, I just wanted to check with you all first.

Thanks!!

Jay Nemec
Omaha, NE

DmaxMaverick
05-02-2005, 11:23
Welcome to the forums, Motojay!

You've already done the homework to find its value. It is probably worth that much, but that says nothing about what it will actually sell for. The only way to find out is to sell it. Others may tell you what theirs sold for, but still, each deal is different.

Your diff. ratio is 3.73, the only ratio available on a Duramax/Allison in a light truck. Other options you may have will be noted on the RPO sticker in the glove box. TDP member's area has a RPO code list HERE. (http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/rpocodes.htm) You have to be a full member to access it.

motojay
05-02-2005, 11:40
I am Buyin' not sellin'!!

Thanks,

Jay

DmaxMaverick
05-02-2005, 11:50
OK. The market values are pretty accurate on KBB and the others. The rest is up to you to decide if it is worth it or not, depending on your needs. That is a lot of truck, and I wouldn't recommend it as a passenger vehicle or grocery getter. If you are towing or hauling heavy loads, you can't do much better. Consider the detailed condition of the truck. Put it under a magnifying glass, so to speak. The fuel injectors on that truck should be covered under the 7 year/200K mile bulletin, which is described HERE (http://www.thedieselpage.com/duramax/lb7injectorwarranty.htm).

With the VIN, you can check the truck's service history on carfax.com type sites. They charge for the complete service, but it is well worth it if you are serious about buying that truck, or any other vehicle for that matter. You can get dealers to give you service info from the VIN, but you usually won't get many details, or the time from them.

motojay
05-02-2005, 12:15
Will be towing 8K lb 50% of the time. 30,000 miles a year.

Thanks for the input.

jay

upfront
05-03-2005, 12:28
I have a one ton 3500, LT, loaded with many extras that I am going to sell. It is set up to haul a pickup Camper. This truck has less then 11000 miles on it as it stayed in the pole barn when I was in Fl. winters. Any interest out there? Oh, of course it is a D/A.