PDA

View Full Version : Ready to take the plunge

Doc Robbs
05-20-2003, 20:30
Well after lurking here wanting a long before they even came out we're ready to take the plunge.

But I'm having a tough time making decisions. All other trucks were indigo blue-- can't do that anymore. Then I was looking at Redneckcowdoc truck. over 100,000 miles, relatively trouble free and well cared for. However no warantee and loans on used trucks have terrible intrest rate. My bank quoted 8-12% makes the payment along with any needed service cost a lot closer.

I really don't like that front end on the chevys. Around here GMC is outselling chevy where they were never even close before.

The real problem is I can't decide. 3500 vs 2500HD. I will be towing a horswe trailer but for now is't only a 2 horse bumber pull and I can't see getting more than a 4 horse GN so I don't need the dual wheels.

It's going to be my daily driver and up here in the hills it's no big deal but when I get into the city how bad is it on city streets? I love the looks of the dually but how are they on snow and ice? How about muddy hills? There is no level ground or paved driveways on my farm.

So I can't seem to find a color my wifre and I both like, best price is at a chevy dealer in Black Mountain who told us we can't even order a 2500HD CC long bed. Funny the other dealers can find them although they areee rare.

Local dealer is pretty good but expensive and is both chevy and GMC dealer.

Funny thing I make critical decisions every day but can't seem to get past this impass

Thanks for letting me rant guys. Feel free to let me know what you think.

David Robinson
DocRobbs at yahoo dot com

[ 05-21-2003: Message edited by: Doc Robbs ]</p>

GMC-2002-Dmax
05-20-2003, 20:50
Doc,

Decide on a color, then pick the most important options you can't do without and search for a truck.

0% interest or $3000 cash back. Hard to beat the Duramax/Allison combo IMHO.

Good Luck

GMC

Oongawah
05-20-2003, 23:36
I don't know if they still do it, but when I was shopping I was able to build my truck online on their website, and then I was shown the closest matches to that truck that dealers had in stock in a 100 mile radius.

drthv8r
05-21-2003, 00:30
This is where I found my truck, sorry but it's Indigo Blue... smile.gif . I drove over 500 miles round trip to purchase it. I'm pulling a 35' 5TH Wheel RV with my 2500 HD. It works for me.

http://www.gmbuypower.com/app/images/Splash/index.html

DURAMONSTER
05-21-2003, 01:47
The dealer should be able to search the whole us for the exact truck that you want. And when thay find it (which should only take about 5 minuts via the system and all dealers are linked to it) Thay will do whats called a dealer trade. Thay will ship it 5,000 miles with no questions asked. When I was looking for a truck The dealer searched every other day for a month until I finelly just special ordered mine (because I wanted a rare truck and color thay could not find). How ever the truck your looking for are Pretty common and should not be a problem.

Victory Red
05-21-2003, 03:45
It's getting easier to find the Dmaxs, but virtually impossible to find the long box c/c with the 2500HD. I settled for the shorty(sometimes which I hadnt). Anyhow in IMHO you're buying a great truck and don't settle for less than you want/can afford. You'll always wonder if you did the right thing.

I also agree with the online search. It's not always very accurate, but it's a good starting point. Plus a dealer that will not special order you one, isn't overly interested in your business.

letsgo
05-21-2003, 06:24
doc robbs, I dont think it would make much difference which Duramax you buy, when you drive into the city (down town Toronto) your going to have problems parking, I always have to pick a spot where the back end can over hang something, or I can drive staight in, parking lots discriminate agains big trucks, and most snow birds that have 5th wheels go the dualy more stability.

good luck.

HD-Nate
05-21-2003, 08:01
I was in somewhat of the same quandary over the 2500 vs. 3500. My D-Max replaced my