PDA

View Full Version : Edge EZ

AndyU
05-16-2005, 18:29
Anyone have the Edge EZ? How do you like it? I considering getting one. I'm looking to get a bit better fuel economy empty and towing and the Edge EZ promises to deliver... does it? If it got me more power towing (10,000-12000# horse trailer) without reducing fuel economy, that might be good too. Anyone have any experience to share?

More Power
05-18-2005, 07:46
In general, most power products don't produce much of a fuel economy increase due to the nature of power. People who have more power on tap tend to use it. This negates the fuel economy increase that might be possible if you are able to drive exactly as you did before the power increase.

That said, I have noticed a slight fuel economy increase (~ .5 mpg) while towing with an Edge Juice (BD EZ-Amp) that I attribute to the Allison not needing to downshift on most hills - and when driven conservatively.

MP

newtorving
05-22-2005, 19:29
My mileage seems to have gone up with the EZ. I have only put one tank through it but it was up about 1mpg. The paperwork says that if you drive in level one, and drive normal, you will see an increase in mileage. Making my first two with it this weekend.

AndyU
05-24-2005, 09:53
I have a 2005 Duramax. I called Edge and they said they weren't seeing any fuel increase with the LLY engine, but they were seeing 5-10% improvement with the LB7 engines. They said they didn't know why.

Still, even .5 mpg would save about $50 for every 5000 miles towed. An extra .5 mpg running empty would pay for the Edge in around 100,000 miles. Given the performance gains, and assuming it doesn't damage the truck, that's sounds like a good deal to me. If there are no gains in mpg or worse, a loss, then it's not for me. My last truck (F350 6L) had a juice w/attitude and I drive it hard :D but I don't want to do that to this one, it's just to nice to abuse! :cool:

Does the Edge EZ let you switch back to stock like the Juice without unplugging it?

newtorving
05-24-2005, 13:30
The EZ does not go back to stock. When it is plugged in, you are in one of the the three power levels at all times.

smile.gif

garysr
05-24-2005, 16:56
If you have the attitude display it lets you switch between level 0-5. 0-stock 1-mileage 2-tow 3-drive 4-race 5-extreme. Ive had mine about 3 months 1-2 mpg increase. Have enjoyed mine so far so good. smile.gif