PDA

View Full Version : Updated Injectors and Fuel Rails in mid '03?

lttlfeller
08-22-2003, 10:42
Let me apologize right up front. This is a little long and runs on a bit.

I was just talkin' to a buddy who has a '03 2500HD w/ D-max, manufactured in June '03. The dealer told him that there was a mid-year change in '03 and that the fuel rails and or injectors have a different coating inside that is capable of handling the "dirty" fuel better. Anyone else heard this?

I recently had a chance to physically compare my '02 to 2 '03s all sitting next to each other.
My dad has a '03 manufactured in early '03 (I think March) and the other '03 was manufactured in June '03. About 3 weeks ago I had my pickup (manufactured January '02) sitting next to the 2 '03s and remember reading somewhere on this forum about the change to the A/C lines making it more difficult to change the stock fuel filter on late '02 and '03s, so I compared the engine layouts with my '02. What I noticed is the early '03 was like my '02 and different from the June '03 in regards to the A/C line plumbing around the fuel filter. It appeared that it would be harder to change the fuel filter on the newer '03. Harder to change it from the top that is.

Would be good if GM has done something about the fuel system issue and it would be even better if they would update all of the older D-maxes.

Take it easy.